Thread: Help!

Default Help!

I went to the toilet, and when I wiped there was a glob of CM with a spot of red blood in it... I then "checked" my internal CM and there was no more red, just normal CM.

When I was 8 weeks, I had a brown spot in my CM, which I just put down to being because it's when my period woud have been due. Do you, by any chance, think this could be the cause as I'm 12 weeks?? Should I go to the doctor? I'm not having any cramping or anything.

My oh my, I'm in a pickle!

WDYT? Anybody else experienced anything similar and gone on to having a healthy baby?!

I'm sure everything is fine. But, to be safe, just give the hospital a ring.

Celsie. xoxox

I had spotting but it was around the 6 week period. About a week ago I had a small brown speck in my cm, not like dried blood, I had no idea what it could be. I went to the doctors and they swabbed me and it came back fine. It would be best for peace of mind to be checked at the doctors.

Ashamalee,

We had this same conversation the other week! A few of us all had the brown discharge at the same time and that was very scary.

I'm actually having another u/s tomorrow as I just need confirmation it's all OK. I didn't get anything with Patrick, then my second pregnancy was a partial molar, and still didn't get any bleeding what so ever with that.

But this time at 7 and half weeks, I did.

I'm now nearly 10 weeks and even though I spoke to the Dr at the time and was reassured that it was all OK, I have to have the test to see for myself. I just don't want to go to the 13 week scan and have bad news like the last pregnancy.

If you're 12 weeks and had your scan (??) you'll find that it could be a broken vessell close to the surface, which is the most common cause for blood and totally nothing to worry about.

I've known a lot of girlfriends who've fully bleed through the whole pregnancy and had to give up work and everything, and their babies are running around now.

The best advice anyone can give you is go to your GP if you can't see your Obs and get a u/s ASAP to be safe.

Best thing to see that little one on the screen and be told not to worry.

Also, from my friends experiences, any sign of blood, you need to stay at home from work and put your feet up for at least one day. That helped my girl friends a lot to just purely rest, rest, rest!!

Take care and let me know how you go.

Thank you so much for your replies.

I had some cramping feeling last night, on either side, but it didn't feel like where anything baby related is.

I didn't go to the GP-she would have just told me to wait until my scan today, which is at 2pm so I'll be back afterwards to update.

Positive thoughts!

good luck with your u/s! Keep us updated... Hope all is ok.

Good luck for yor u/s today Ash.

Ashamlee I'll be looking out to see how you went.

I was 12 weeks yesterday and I had a fresh bleed on Sunday, accompanied with a lot of cramping and even contractions through the week. The doctor checked bubs HB on Wednesday, all is fine. I've been advised to rest right up and just wait till things settle down. I've had lots of bleeding in this pregnancy, but was going okay since 10 weeks, so having a fresh bleed was very scary. My doctor warned me that sometimes this happens at 12 weeks, the peak for it is 6 and then 12 weeks...not sure if that's right or not, but I was somewhat prepared so that helped.

I was just told to rest and drink heaps of water, I've found that definately helps the bleeding in the past.

I'm sure you will be fine, if my doctor is right, it's not uncommon to have a breakthrough at 12 weeks.

Will be waiting to read how you go...hang in there, rest up and take care

mummymeegs Guest

I had regular bleeding (gushes, not just spotting) from 28 weeks. I was in and out of hospital from then until my little man was born 4 weeks early. He is now happy and healthy!! It was a horrible and scary time as no one could give me an explanation of why it was happening. But, in the end I had a wonderful natural birth and have a beautiful healthy boy.

Let us know how your scan goes. I guess they will check the location of the placenta which could be low lying and causing your bleeding. I am sure you will be fine!!! Good Luck!