Thread: help

Question help

hey all was just wondering if anyone knew if this was normal or not???? have been getting pain like period pain which i know is normal as i am like 6 weeks today but i am concerned because its only on the one side and i heard that was a sign of ectopic???? anyways io have booked in to the dr but thats not till like 4 and i am worrying lol so if anyone could help me out???

Hi,

Don't worry this is also very normal. The reason it is only on one side is most likely because that side is the side you ovulated from and then the baby implants sorta to that side (not ectopic). I was worried about the exact same thing but my baby is exactly where he/she should be!!! I would still go to the dr to get that medical opinion...that should help with the stress. But try to be calm it is definitely normal!!!!

thanks jas lol i am only 6 weeks and already a stress head

it;s normal- i asked my doc about htis and he said it's normal and a good sign i had it on 1 side 2 ( and still do sometimes) He said prob till next trimester!!

It may also be one of your ovaries...from what I understand, the ovary has to provide the hormones for the baby until the placenta kicks...so it sort of goes into overload...and you can feel the odd pain!

All the best!

I had the same feeling, and i was convinced that i was having an etopic preg as well. My first u/s at just over 5 weeks confirmed that everything was OK. I think as well it was the side i ovulated on. But, certainly get it checked out, better to put your mind at ease then stress over it.
    there are many little aches and pains that you will get to know in the next 9 months

Noni,

Don't worry there is a lot to worry about! Every little niggle and pain! I am juat over the 12week mark and as the weeks have gone by the worry of miscarriage etc has decreased and is almost gone. The realiseation that you will actually end up with a healthy baby sets min and then you can start stressing about getting ready for the baby and knowing what to do and thinking about birth and labour. The whole process and experience of becoming and being a parent involves worry I think!!! I know it's all worth it though!

well the dr has booked me in for an ultrasound anyway so that should set my mind at ease

Noni,

Try not to stress, good luck with the doc and I hope everything is ok, I had similar feelings as well and I just stayed positive. try not to worry too much though, becasue you will probably worry about your bundle for the rest of your life.

Hey Noni - any news on the ultrasound yet? Hope all is good

You'll probably find it is a corpus luteum cyst and they won't do much more than keep an eye on it. Basically what happens is when the egg pops, the place it came from remains open for a little while and then closes up by itself. Sometimes it can take a little longer to close up and some fluid remains in it. That's what causes the pain. Usually they resolve by themselves over time.

Hope it is something as normal and common as this. Good luck.

Lisa

yup normal to get all kinds of pains ime.

hey its taken me ages to get on the net but just popped on to say everything is fiine had ultrasound and there is nothing wrong lol so worrying about nothing... babies heart beat was measuring at 108 bpm...

Tammy05 Guest

Glad that everything is ok with the baby. Just wanted to say that I am still feeling those pains and I am 12 weeks. I was a little stressed about them today to.