Thread: Help!!!! Can't sleep

Unhappy Help!!!! Can't sleep

Hi everyone,

I have just found out that im pregnant and having a problem with sleeping. I am finding myself really exhausted all day and can't wait to get to bed but when I do, I actually can't sleep at all.

I have been feeling a little dizzy/lightheaded, nauseated, tired and metal mouth but thats about it.

I am only 5 weeks!!! Has anyone else experienced/experiencing this? I am getting really worried with the lack of symptoms.

me too!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so exhausted but cant seem to sleep. hope it goes away soon

Lack of symptoms? I would have called the dizzy/lightheadedness, nausea, tiredness and metal mouth were plenty!!!
    What are you doing right before going to bed? Watching the tv or sitting at the computer can make your brain too active for immediate sleep...so if you're doing that then try to sleep about half an hour after these activities.
    Good luck....

It's very normal and I can remember it all too well. I even remember starting a thread too because I was on BB when I couldn't sleep. One word of warning...stay away from the Informercials if you don't want to buy anything!

I usually get home, cook dinner, have a shower, read a book and relax, sometimes watch tv but i always try to go to bed within half an of house after reading a book or watching tv. My sleepiness started a few days after my BFP.

I guess I have to get used to it dont I....

Percy Guest

oh yes! Get used to it is all I can say! Here I am nearly 17 weeks and still waking up a number of times during the night - I never used to wake at all.

Sorry!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

My dr suggested valerian when I was suffering insomnia in my pregnancy. It's a natural product (herb I think) and you can buy it in tablet or liquid form from the supermarket, chemist or health food shop.

You could also try a warm bath, hot chocolate, warm milk etc.

Yup, me too. I have been suffering from insomnia since falling pregnant. I'm not tired at all. I suspect that it could actually be hormonal for some people (just like how many people feel very tired when pregnant) - just different bodies reacting to the pregnancy. I don't think it's going to go away in a hurry either .

i had forgotten about this pg symptom till it hit the other night - i drink some warm milk & today got some camomile tea as that helped last time

yep i have been going to bed sooo early cause i cant keep my eyes open. but then i cant sleep cause my boobs are sooo achey, or im having really weird dreams. im finding im waking several times during the night and getting up super early.

besides my tiredness/sleep patterns and achey boobs, i dont have any other symptoms.

I don't seem to have trouble falling asleep, I just can't seem to stay that way! I wake up all night and toss and turn. I just bought a Body Mate pillow which is a really long pillow that you can position just about any way you need to to get comfortable. That has helped a bit.

Snook Guest

Cammomile tea works brilliantly for me to get to sleep...but suffer the same sleepiness as well...out like a light but still wake up like I haven't slept restfully...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I actually had the opposite when i was preg with DS. I had a perfect pregnancy, and slept like a log. It is now that i cant get to sleep, and DS has a great bedtime routine, so its not him waking LOL, just my mind trying to turn off IYKWIM.

Perhaps its all of the excitement about being pregnant that you cant get to sleep.

I hope you get some sleep soon!!

JoMarie where did you get your body mate pillow??? I went looking for one on the weekend but wasnt sure where to find one.

On the subject of insomnia, I have just started waking at 3am for a pee and then do you think I can go back to sleep aarrgh!!! Other half snoring away in my ear doesnt help.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm not JoMarie, hehehe, but I got mine from Spotlight

Default Body Mate Pillow

I got my body mate pillow from Adairs, and I think Target also have something similar.

It seems to be working so far, except that my two girls have also decided that they love it too!

Jo
    Chloe - 6/4/00
    Jasmyn - 11/8/00
    Due - 21/3/07

Ecstatic Guest

I have only just found out that I am pregnant and although I am utterly exhausted I lay awake all night thinking about it.

My other symtoms have been nausea and I have already vomitted, even though I am only 4 weeks!!! After 18 months of trying I am more than happy to settle for an unwell feeling and sleepless nights though.