Thread: help could i be pregnant?

Default help could i be pregnant?

Hi,

Hope my story makes sense, my partner and I are in a long distance relationship at the moment, we spent 2 weeks together and it has been nearly 6 weeks apart since then. I was on the pill but in the first week I had an upset stomach and was having some diarrhoea, which I know could lower the effectiveness of the pill. Also for the last 2 months I was skipping the white pills so I didn't get any bleeding, I don't know if this lowers the effectiveness of the pill?
    Anyway immediately after our 2 weeks together I stopped taking the pill (for various reasons) and a few days later I had about 3-4 days of fairly light bleeding which I assumed was a period? Now it's almost 6 weeks later, I've had no bleeding since and for about the last week I have had strange sort of cramps in my lower abdomen and pelvis, similar to period pain, and increased clear discharge. I probably have been more tired than normal but have just started working full-time again and exercising for about an hour each day which I'm not used to, and it's not too extreme. I have been eating less and much healthier than normal but feeling quite bloated at times. I've had no nausea and my breasts aren't tender or don't seem bigger which I thought was one of the main changes...
    I went to the doctors and she questioned if I was pregnant and (maybe stupidly) I completely dismissed the idea as I had had what I thought was my period. She screened for me for STI's and PID which was all clear.. Could I actually be pregnant???
    Thanks for any advice

Your symptoms could be your body reacting to coming off the pill, it can take some time for your cycle to get back in sync. But I'd do a test to make sure.