Thread: Help Please....

*Rach* Guest

Default Help Please....

Hi,
    I have finally made it from the TTC forum.... \/ I thought my worrying would be over... Its just Started I think...
    I found out I was pregnant only 2 days ago, via the IVF nurse over the phone, (after 5 negative HPT) I almost had a heart attack...
    My first problem is .. I don't understand , the baby was concieved two weeks ago, however they keep telling me I am about 5 weeks pregnant because they count weeks from the first day on your last period... Is this correct....
    I have my first u/s on the 30/11, i am so scared, i have a feeeling they are going to say there has been a big mistake and your not pregnant or that the baby has no heartbeat.. I have bad stomach cramping (like bad period pain) on and off all day... is this normal...
    Sorry for the long post, hope you can help..

Rach....

Hi Rach, and Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Yes they do count your pregnancy dates starting from the first day of your last period... it confused me at first as well!!
    It is understandably a very scary time, and hard to imagine that there is a bubby growing inside you... I'm sure at your u/s though all of your fears will be laid to rest. They can usually detect the HB after 6 weeks on an u/s, so they should be able to detect your bubby's one when you go in.

And yes the cramping is very common in early (and later!) pregnancy. It is just your uterus stretching to accomodate your little growing bub.

Feel free to come and chat with the girls in the Belly Buddies Due in July 06 thread too!

All the best Rach, and take care!

They do say that your pg starts on the first day of your last period, in the 'old' days they thought that was when women concieved, and the traditional 40 weeks has stayed with us!

If you have a longer cycle it will tell you that you a further along and due sooner than you really are.

I found a great website that takes your cycle length and LP into consideration. If you google Pregnancy Expected Due Date Calculator and got to teh site that is called - hpathy - blah blah... you enter the First day of last period, your cycle length and LP length, it will tell you the EDD, the date of likely conception, and how many weeks you are!!!

Fee Guest

Hi Rach

I just found out I was pg yesterday. It's a very exciting and scary time! I'm 5 weeks too (tomorrow). And yes it is confusing about the date calculation!

As for the cramping - it's normal. I've been getting it all week.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mel09
    I found a great website that takes your cycle length and LP into consideration. If you google Pregnancy Expected Due Date Calculator and got to teh site that is called - hpathy - blah blah... you enter the First day of last period, your cycle length and LP length, it will tell you the EDD, the date of likely conception, and how many weeks you are!!!
    That's cool that site. But my cycles have been very different since coming off the pill. I'll have to go back to my FF chart and see what it said my "average" cycle was.

So maybe my due date is not 15 July...

as for the cramping, i had pretty bad cramping in the first tri, and all was fine, the dr said it was very normal.

dont worry too much about the dates (yeah i know - easy for me to say!!!) because they will probably change when you have your U/S as they will more likely go by that.

Hi Rach, The only reason your dates would be wrong would be if you had an extended period of time on the injections to help stimulate your eggs before pick up. That is the problem i had. Because i was given extra injections (13 in total and then trigger inj) it put out the dates from my LMP date. So therefor i had to work out dates going off my egg pick up, and count egg pick up as day 14 and work back in order to come up with a "new " first day of LMP.

Eg- LMP commenced 21 may - sat
    Inj from - 26 may - thurs
    trigger inj - 7 june - tues
    egg pick up - 9 june - thurs
    Transfer - 14 june - tues
    1st b/t - 23 june - thurs
    2nd b/t - 25 june - sat
    3rd b/t - 28 june - tues
    4th b/t - 1 july - fri

So all up if you count my first LMP start date i would have been a week ahead due to extra inj. I was told that you should always go 14 days prior to pick up to give you an accurate date.

Good luck for your u/s, i am sure everything will be fine. Asd for the cramping i had a bit as well and it went after a week or so. Hope this helps was not too confussing.
    Kas

I too got pregnant from IVF and my cycle was a bit longer than normal with they way they "tamper" with it.

Try looking at pregnancy.org they have a calculator that you can put your conception date (ie egg collection date) and it will give you your due date.

Rach - a HUGE congratulations to you!!!

*Rach* Guest

Hi Again....
    Just wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone for amking me feel a bit better... and not so worried... I have been trying to adjust but i am still in the OH MY GOD stage, i just think its to good to be true...
    But Woo Hoo for me its been almost 4 days without a cigarette.... not even one.. i am so proud... but with so much to lose i wouldn't even think about picking up another one....
    Oncce again Thanks Girls..... =D>

Rach good on you for not smoking!! I know it wouldnt be easy for you but it is great you are finding the strength to give your baby the best - well done!!!