Thread: HELP please - Browny-red blood all of a sudden

Unhappy HELP please - Browny-red blood all of a sudden

Hi everyone -

Please tell me this has happened to someone else. Just went to the loo and noticed a brown spot on my underwear.

When I was wiping there was more blood - brown. I've put a panty liner on and will keep an eye on it but I'm not in pain - nothing.

I'm freaking out big-time. Should I go to the ER?

Shari xo

I had brown blood bleeding on and off until the middle of the 2nd trimester.

Apparently brown means it is old and therefore no danger.

You don't have any pain or fever or ANY bright blood at all?

if not I would say you're all good but if it makes you feel more comfortable and you would like a pro to check just in case, pop over to the doctor or give your hospital a call.

Can you believe this Amanda? Right after I emailed you!

No pain, no bright blood - wait...just going to check again.

Nope - just two tiny little parts of brown that I had to go exploring for - sorry if TMI. DH said it looks like I was wiping the wrong end.

Part of me wants to go to the hospital but the other part doesn't want to freak out unnecessarily.

I hate this.

Unless its accosicated but pain or bright red bleeding im sure everything is fine

I'd go get checked or an early ultrasound. Brown blood doesn't mean there is no danger at this stage of a preg ok?

Brown spotting happens to alot of women during pregnancy, so it is highly possible that it is nothing at all to worry about. I would go and get it checked to rest your mind.

Good luck.. keep us posted. Sending you lots of
    x x x

When I was preggies with DS I woke up one morining to find a lot of blood and rushed down to the doctors he booked me in for an emergency US thankfully they found the little squirt but didnt know what caused the bleeding

I suggest going to your GP and maybe having an US just to give you some peace of mind.

All the best

I had a bright red bleed (quite heavy) at 9 weeks with DD, I was already in hospital at the time having been admitted for HG. I went straight from the toilet to the nurses station & told them. The midwife said not to be worried. Just to wear a pad overnight & if it gets alot worse or hadn't stopped by morning to let her know.
    The bleeding stopped by morning but I had an u/s that day just to put my mind at ease.

I suggest that if you're concerned you go & ask for an u/s.... if only to put your mind at ease. Don't be embarrassed or think that you're over-reacting... you have every right to get it checked out.

Good luck & I hope you don't find anymore blood

[QUOTE=BloominRoses;1729794]Can you believe this Amanda? Right after I emailed you!
    QUOTE]

It wasn't me, I swear!

If there is just a tiny bit I wouldn't worry BUT keep and eye out. If it gets heavy, go see someone. I think this rule goes for bleeding from any part of the body!

I also bled when I got really bad thrush a few weeks back but my 'normal' pregnancy bleeding was brownish and mucosy (TMI sorry). So it could be a number of things but most likely normal.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and support. It honestly means more to me than I can express in words in a forum.

We just got back from taking our puppy to the vet and as soon as we walked in, DP tells me to 'check what the girls on BB said about your brown blood". So you've all even converted him.

I've had nothing else come out since I first posted and so I've decided I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there's any more that appears. I currently don't have Medicare thanks to immigration stuff so I'm paying for everything out of pocket and don't want to go to the ER unnecessarily yet. But if it's there tomorrow I'm definitely going.

Thanks again everyone - I'll keep you posted should anything change.

Shari xo

Double post to add that I've found more blood when I went "exploring" so just waiting for best friend to get here and will head off to Royal Women's once she arrives.

Wish me luck everyone!!
    S xo

Good Luck!! I hope all is well

good luck xoxox

Good luck Shari

how did u go???

Peach Guest

that everything is ok and you are your baby are doing well and nothing to worry about ...

Hi everyone - sorry for the slow reply. Just trying to rest this morning as I feel like I've been dragged through the wringer.

Well, when my best friend got to my house she made the wise point that considering the time of night, the Royal Women's most likely wouldn't be able to do a scan as they didn't with all 3 of her miscarriages there so I was better off calling them first to make sure.

I did and the Triage Nurse advised me that they couldn't do one, and confirmed that no hospital in Melb would have staff available to do one as I 'wasn't bleeding profusely'. Fair enough. She also said the only thing they'd be able to do is a blood test which would be quite useless as I would still have HCG in my blood and as my last test was 5 weeks ago, there would not be a consistent measurement of whether I was dropping or not. So she just advised me to wait over night and see if I was bleeding in the morning.

Well, I'm basically at the same point where I was yesterday - I still have to go 'investigating' to find any blood and now the colour is definitely brown, no tinge of red at all. So it looks like I'm playing the waiting game. If it starts to come out on it's own then I need to head to the hospital. If not, then the Nurse advised it's most likely just old blood making it's way out of my body.

Still can't figure out why it chose now to do so but I'll take that explanation over a miscarriage any day.

Again, thanks to everyone for your concern and sticky vibes. I'll let you know if anything changes again but I'm going to think positive and assume it won't!

Shari xo

Good Girl.. Thinking positive is definately the way to go!!
    Rest up and try to relax... Let us know as soon as you get your GOOD NEWS!!!! I'll be stalking you til then... haha!

Kym x x