Thread: Help!!! Really worried

Exclamation Help!!! Really worried

Hi all,

For a short time last night, then again today (but it hasn't stopped) I have had a slight jabbing pain in my right side....in the same spot that I would usually feel ovulation pain. I am really worried, particularly when you read about epotipic pregnancies etc. It is not severe pain nor is there any bleeding with it. But I am just really worried.

I don't want to jump the gun and think the worst......can anyone shed some light? I would be so grateful as I am paranoid as it is I just need to put my mind at ease.

Floss,
    It can be quiet normal to experience cramping pains whilst in early preg, as your body is doing some pretty maazing stuff just coz your not showing etc doesnt mean it isnt doing stuff... Your body is building a little human...

But if you are worried then call the hospital, OB, or whoever your seeing & explian the feelings & your concerns...

I am thinking of you.....

Hi Flossie
    I agree with Tracey. It is probably all normal. But if you are worried then go and get it checked, no one at the hosp will think you are being silly or paranoid.

hey Flos,

I posted a similar question and was told by some wise women that it is pretty normal... I am now 9 weeks tomorrow and so far so good..... i think it is normal hun..

I still stress with ever little niggle..... and the more i read the more worried i get - DAMN INTERNET... lol

when is your first hospital appointment.

Floss - I had regular cramps in my first 6-8 weeks and was CONVINCED that AF was on the way. Had I not done a pregnancy test, I probably would have never known I was pregnant. Like the others said, if you are worried about it - have a chat to your doc.

MG

Hi Floss
    I have bad cramping and lower back pain for the first 8wks of my pregnancy. I mentioned it to my doctor as I too was worried but was told it is normal changes - your ligaments are softening and moving around and things are being rearranged inside you.

As long as you do not experience bleeding too then I would not worry about it. I think an ectopic pregnancy would be so painful you would know.

Wishing you a H&H pregnancy - and congrats.
    T.

Hi girls,

Thanks heaps for you comments. But its not a cramping pain, it more like a stitch very similar and in the same spot to ovulation pain. Its not there all the time and I just had some lunch and it seem to have helped. I will see how I go.

Its all so stressful and worrying, why can't it be easier!!!

Hi Floss,

I've had pain from both ovaries this time around. When pregnant in the past, I just get the pain from the one that I've ovulated and conceived from.

I've now had 2 ultra sounds, one just yesterday, and there is nothing wrong with my right ovary, and I've ovulated and conceived from my left and they both still jab with pain on and off.

I did have a cyst removed from my right ovary 6 months ago, so I am putting the sensitivity down to that and hormones etc of pregnancy flairing it up. They can see nothing wrong and my little bubba is jumping around happily and in the right spot with the right amount of egg yoke and all cooking well.

So unfortunately, this can just be your body playing around and reacting to the hormones. If you are really worried, get an u/s and put your demons to rest.

Best thing I could have done for my sanity and my marriage!!

Let me know how you go.

Thanks Tash!

I was trying to put it down to all the bits moving around and also because I felt such a strong feeling there when I ovulated maybe that is just my body! Its not bad by all means and there is no bleeding....its just send your mind going 1000 miles an hour.

If its still there by tomorrow afternoon I might go and get it checked. Although I haven't been the to dr yet that I will be using for this pg.....do I have to see her or can I just go straight to the hospital and they will check it out for me there and then?

Floss, unfortunatly many hospitals aren't interested this early in the pregnancy. Depending on which hospital you are planning on going to - give them a call first to save yourself having to sit around for hours. I've heard of many a woman who has been turned away after hours in casualty. My suggestion would be to contact your doctor (doesn't have to be the one you are planning on have deliver you either - your GP can organise an ultrasound) and get them to organise everything for you.

HTH. Good luck and make sure you let us know what happens!

MG

Thanks everyone!

I think I jumped the gun as I haven't really felt anything now for the past hour or so. I think I am just so in tune with my body I feel everything!! That has its ups and downs!!! But will keep an eye on it.

I always jump the gun and then it turns out to be nothing! Will let you know though - but I am looking forward to resting on the couch tonight...maybe that will give me a bit of relief!!

Thanks so much for your help, you have all been lovely!

When I went to the Angliss with bleeding, they took me straight in & I had an internal & then a scan within 30 mins... They kept me there in a bed for a few hours & monitored me before sending me hom, they were really nice!!
    I didnt have to sit around wiating at all...

Anywaus sounds like your all OK, it's prety normal to be so flighty!!!

I dont know how true this is, but apparently a really strong implantation can result in these sharp pains.
    I had them with Jenna's pregnancy, and when I saw my dr at about 8w, she said that while it wasn't normal so much, if it had been an ectopic, I would have been in excrutiating pain, not just a bit of on and off discomfort.
    I'm sure everything is fine

That's great Flos. Enjoy the rest!
    Tracey - that's great about the Angliss. I've never heard of anyone with bleeding being turned away.

MG

Flossie,
    try and take it easy. Do what feels best, if you want to see Dr, then go and see one. I know what it feels like to jump at every little bit of pain. Im sure your body is just adjusting. I heard some women continue to get af pain thru out their pregnancies. Good luck.

My Dr said that your ovary will bleed and is sending out the hormones and in some women they feel it all and others not so much.. I have the same pains on and off in weeks 4/5 and part of 6.. but not much the week or so until yesterday i feel it stretching think bubba is making some more room...

Hi Floss,
    Like the other ladies who have responded I too had that sort of discomfort through the early stages of my pregnancy ( I am now at the end of my 33rd week). Mine definitely came from the side my bubba egg came out of...which was confirmed by my ultrasonographer (is that what they are called?). It's pretty amazing what these people can see inside. I also had a very painful period after I conceived, with ridiculous back pain but all was well with my little bubba as my 8 week scan showed.
    Unfortunately it is certainly a topic in books that really isn't described / covered well and it has only been through talking to other pregnant women that I know it is a very normal feeling to have. When in doubt though always contact a health professional....
    All the best with the pregnancy...
    Bianca