Thread: Hospital Visit

Default Hospital Visit

As most of you know, I had my first hospital visit today, which was basically a tour and filling in thousands of forms to book in.

I really thought the visit was fantastic, the midwife that showed us around was so nice. She showed us birthing suites and told us what was included, what to bring, what not to bring.

Booked us into antenatal classes right there and then. For the record, 5 classes over 5 weeks for $100 - not sure if that is cheap or not?

She went through the family history, asked about my coeliac disease, explained what happens about immusinations and vitamin K shots in hospital, their policy on visitors. I just thought she was great.

I also got my first Bounty Bag - yay!!

She also explained when I should ring, when not to ring, what happens after we get home from the birth and to look for a maternal health nurse now, not later.

She said to call them at any time and that no question is a dumb question.

Phew! I am so pleased that we are going to this hospital, we are going public, the only thing we pay for is the classes, the support leading up to, the actual birth and the support after is free! Yay! Including a lactation consultant that is available for 12 months after birth - for free.

So I am pleased and very happy with our choice.

Some advice though to you. Book hospital straight away and antenatal classes, you may miss out even if you are going public.

Thanks everyone!

Wow, that sounds really good! You must be so excited!

That's fantastic Nell, I am so happy for you, that everything went well. All the best with the rest of your pregnancy and with the antenatal classes.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Nellbe, I can sense a 'happiness aura' in your typing - heehee! Glad to hear the hospital appt went so well.

btw I'm not going anywhere just yet, enjoying the 2nd tri forum way too much!

Jess

Great to read you had a wonderful appointment Nell.

Love :hbeat:

That is wonderful that you has such a great hospital appt Nellbe O
    and isn't it exciting getting your very first Bounty Bag, lol!!!

I went public too, here in Brisbane, and we actually didn't have to pay anything for the antenatal classes, but maybe the hostpital systems are different down there? But it sounds like the rest of the services you get at that hospital are much better than the one I went to though!!

Sounds good Nell! I think $100 for you classes was a bit steep tho... I think mine with Em were $30. I won't be taking them this time around, although it is great preparation.

Hmmm our antenatal classes were only around the $30 mark as well! We were lucky to get in as the class was full. They offerred us another date, but it was after Jack's EDD!!

Glad your hospital visit went well!

Jo

glad to hear ur appotintment went well!!

take care
    LEsley

Debbie Lee Guest

That's great Nell! Sounds like a really good hospital - really professional. You must feel like you are in good hands.

I have been told that my hospital (Geelong Hospital) is really good too. I guess I will have to wait and see. If it is half as good as your experience, I will be thrilled

Yay Nell, glad you had a good appoinement. Sounds like they are super helpful which is exactly what you need.