Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How accurate are dating scans?

With DD3, my dating scan was out by 12 days according to my LMP dates. For me though, it wasn't really a problem as I never reach 40 weeks anyway.
    If your dates are only out by 4 days, I wouldn't worry too much. If you do transfer from Tassie to Qld though, wouldn't your Qld OB request your file from your Tassie OB? Then he/she will know your dating scan dates??

Nah 4 days isn't much, and if I was someone that had my babies on their due dates, it wouldn't bother me.. but the difference of being able to go 14 days over or 18 days over... could mean a lot... ITMS.

i had a n early dating scan with DD2 at about 6 weeks (from memory) i ended up being induced 10 days after my 'due date'. so it wasnt accurate for me.
    btw, congrats mel, another bubba on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    If you do transfer from Tassie to Qld though, wouldn't your Qld OB request your file from your Tassie OB? Then he/she will know your dating scan dates??
    I don't have an OB down here. No OB would touch me with a ten foot pole for a VB, so I'm just going to my GP for my check ups.

I never changed my EDD as i knew when things happened due to IVF, but at one point they did measure me three of 5 days ahead, but by the time i had my next scan thongs were measuring on first date again.

I dont think i would have changed the date anyway, i mean its not like the baby WILL be born on that day! lol

I would think that your files would all be sent up if you guys move so it will all be in there anyway? Would your old ob be prepared to negotiate based on your concerns and dates hun? Knowing that 4 days for a VBA2C is actually alot and can mean the difference between a VB and C/S? Is she the one who would let you go past 14 days anyway?? Hopefully bub won't be a cheeky possum pants and make you need to worry anyway but best to be prepared.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

i am asking my self this question myself...i was religiously charting my cycle cause of the difference between dates i was given last time, literally a week between them, not a problem till they think your 10 days over and you think your only 5 days over!
    So i wanted to get it right this time! The first day of my last period was 25th May and i oed on the 8th/9th/10th June. so by my calculations due on the 22nd feb. but my doc says im due on the 28th and the EDD calculator says the 2nd march.....confused much!!! im sure the scan will tell me a different date!
    id go with the one that puts your edd at the last possible date....

Oh - I forgot, my LMP date was wrong because I had IVF and I ovulated late that month (day 20... what's up with that). But I used the embryo tranfer date, back dated to ovulation date. I even had a disagreement with my OB about when I was due... scan says: I was right!

I totally understand where you're coming from and think you should just insist. For them it's only 4 days, and really shouldn't be here or there unles there's some problem with the pregnancy. For you it could be a very important 4 days and the difference between a VB and a repeat C/S.
    With both my pregnancies I"ve gone with the eearly scan date even though we did IVF and know exactly when conception ocurred because I really wanted those extra days - I think it was 3-4 days the first time and 6 this time. I figure this time round I have till nearly 44 weeks before I'll be marched off to the hospital (I hope it won't come to it of course).
    Anyway, some docs have a bias toward LMP/O/cycle dates and soem prefer scan dates, but in the end they're your dates and it's your pregnancy - you know your dates and you're confident in them and that's that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12