Thread: How annoying!

Angry How annoying!

I am obviously not that far along in my pregnancy, and I have only told a few select people, the people that I would want to know if something bad were to happen.

I just got a phone call from one of my not-so-close friends congratulating me on my pregnancy!! I am SOOOO mad, and I know who told her ...

For one, I am only just six weeks, so a lot of things could happen. Two, it is my news to tell people, not for someone else to tell, know what I mean? I'm so cranky, and it's really disappointed me, because I thought I could trust the person I told. Who knows who else knows now??

Princess Kylie,

This happended to me in my last pregnancy, and it didn't work out. The worst thing was it was my Father in Law that blabbed when I was 6 weeks!

The other bad thing was, my sister in law was 20 weeks pregnant with her second child before anyone knew, and my In laws kept that secret, but couldn't keep ours!!!

I was really really upset at the time and no one in the extended family was allowed to ask me questions around Christmas (I was 9 weeks last Christmas). One of them did, and I was polite but the others just acted as if they didn't know. It was really bad.

I would speak to your friend who blabbed and tell her/him how upset you are. Especially if this is your first baby. You don't know what to expect and need some privacy to have your tests, cross your fingers and then tell the whole world at 13 weeks!! Which is the best feeling, believe me!

When our pregnancy didn't work out, I told my DH that his Dad could tell everyone since he was so keen in the first place to tell them I was pregnant at the beginning. At the end of the day, he did it because he was so excited and didn't think. He loves his grand kids to death and I love him for that, so now all is forgiven.

But I haven't told anyone in our family this time around, just a couple of close friends who are "mums the word". My DH doesn't want to tell anyone this time until I give birth!! That will be a bit hard, but when your confidence is violated, you really learn for the next time.

Try not to stress about it too much and just enjoy the journey and what will be will be. If you're like me though, you'll need to vent!

Take care.

you poor thing - on of the best bit about being pregnant is getting to tell everyone and it really annoys me that people take it upon themself to tell people!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacci PG View Post
    you poor thing - on of the best bit about being pregnant is getting to tell everyone and it really annoys me that people take it upon themself to tell people!
    Exactly!! Oh, I just feel so unhappy that I didn't get the opportunity to share this with my friend - I mean she's not the type of friend I would have told now, I would have waited until 12 weeks to tell her, but now it just feels like it will be all over work now before I get a chance to say anything! Oh well, will just have to deny everything until Christmas!

Oh how annoying! I wanted to tell everyone as soon as I knew, but then I didnt because I freaked out and thought 'what if something goes wrong, then I have to tell everyone that some thing went wrong!" Thats annoying that your friend blabbed. Thats your special news to tell everyone!

But anyways, congrats on your pregnancy.

pholmes Guest

Congrats on your pregnancy,

It really is annoying when people tell others especially when its so early on. My mother told my son he was going to have a baby brother or sister early on in my pregnancy after I had asked her not to ( I had 2 previous miscarriages). I ended up having to explain to a then 5 year old why he wasnt going to have a brother or sister after I miscarried. Needless to say she has never done it again. He now has 2 brothers. I just think people get excited but dont really think it through before they tell people. Good luck with everything.

People are so rude, I had the exact same thing happen this pregnancy, I am only 10 weeks now and we told our parents, and after telling them not to say anything, my FIL decided to tell everyone anyway. I was sooooooooooo pi#@ed off!!

I know exactly how you feel, its your news and noone should take that excitment from you.

I told them I was not happy, but it didnt go down too well..

Christine