Thread: How do I cope with dizzyness/feeling faint?HELP.....

Kirsty77 Guest

Default How do I cope with dizzyness/feeling faint?HELP.....

At the moment I suddenly feel faint and dizzy all the time.Its like I've been laying down for to long than get up, that dizzy feeling.I seriously don't know how I'm going to be able to work like this as I work with kids with disabilites and this involves driving them places, picking them up from home etc.Has anyone got any ideas?And of course my nausea is bad because of it.I've been reading lots of pregnancy books but none of them say how to tackle it, my sister said to increase salt, like eating vegemite as its probably my blood pressure.Problem is my blood pressure is normally just above average.

Any help would be appreciated..............

Could it be your blood sugar levels? Might be worth having them checked out?

Are you eating little and often? I know that is hard when you have nausea, but when I got dizzy in the first tri with Olivia it helped me...........a would snack on a banana or a yogurt even if I didn't fancy it just to keep the dizzy spells at bay.......

Best of luck........

Another thing it could be Kirsty is a middle or inner ear infection. It totally throws off your balance and you feel dizzy a lot and sometimes blackout a little. Just check with the doc, not that there is anything they can give to clear it up, but can prescribe something to take away the symptoms (ie. dizziness). Also, something good to know is mine only lasted about 3-4 days, so it should clear up soon, if thats what it is!

Keen

also iron levels can be casuing it too, i felt like that last pregnancy and i had a blood test and it came back that my iron was very very low..

good luck, id go see your gp if it doesnt ease off with others suggestions soon

take care
    Lesley

Hi Kirsty,

I had the same thing happen to me throughout my pregnancy, however I am quite sure it was related to eating/blood sugar. If I did not eat every hour or so I would start to feel really dizzy and shaky and nauseous.

I hope you can figure out what it is and start to feel better soon.

Take care,

I'm with Lesley about the iron levels. I hve had a history of low iron and get dizzy when my levels are low. Might be worth getting a blood test to see.

Gemma.

*Megan* Guest

HI Kirsty

I have been getting a little dizzy lately as well and my blood pressure is normal. I have been making sure that I get up slowly when lying or sitting down for a long time, and drink plenty of water.

I hope that you feel better soon....

Megan

I had really low blood pressure during PG and used to faint & feel dizzy, but like everyone elses suggestions it could be heaps of different things, maybe go to Dr and discuss?

Kirsty77 Guest

Thank you everyone for your responses.I am feeling better today....YEH!!!!!!My Dad is a retired Paramedic and I asked him on the weekend to take my blood pressure and it was normal.He said iron levels shouldn't make me feel dizzy, but I beg to differ!Somethings causing it and if its not B/pressure it must be iron levels as I haven't been eating my best I must say because of the nausea and I'm off meat and some veges.Nothing tastes the same when your pregnant.

Thanks again
    Kirsty

Kirsty77 Guest

BTW, ob says "most signs of healthy pg seem to make mum feel like crap" so I guess in that way it's a good sign LOL!!
    Thank you Kate for the above mention,(sniffle)you made my day saying that!!Hopefully it does mean its a healthy pregnancy... [-o<

I feel terribly faint and sick when I have to stand up for any length of time in one place (ie in a queue or something). It's really terrible!

My doctor has given me iron tablets, but they don't work witht the problem i've got - I just figure it's one of those things.

I always try to avoid queues and standing, i feel like such an old woman sometimes having to sit down at every opportunity! :-({|=

Hope it gets better for you soon xx