Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how early can you feel bub move?

Default how early can you feel bub move?

I know that the books say it is usual to feel bub move from 12 weeks onwards (most often between 15 and 25) but that spontaneous movements can occur as early as 6 weeks, and that 2nd time mums often feel bub move earlier than others (due to familiarity with the feeling and thiner uterine walls) but surely I am imagining things when I thought the other night I could feel bub move at 7 weeks??

mmmm i think 7 weeks would be a bit early i mean i know they are kinda spasming and things around then but i doubt u could feel it??? then again this is my first bubs so idk?? maybe someone who has had more then one can help u out?

Noni that is what I thought...the first time I felt it! But it happened a few times since, always while I am lying still in bed. Could be something else I know, but it certainly feels very strnage!!

becmc Guest

I have definately felt this bub move way earlier than with my first pregnancy, I reckon from about 8 weeks I was having little movements. Nothing really definate though until 13 or 14 weeks.

im 8 1/2 weeks with 3rd baby and im sure sometimes i feel little flutters that feel like baby movements.

beccas

I know when I was about 9 weeks with my last one I could feel flutters. For sure!

Claire Guest

I felt movements from about 13 weeks with this one!

CatherineL Guest

I know subsequent pregnancies can feel fetal movement earlier... but what i can't understand is how you can feel something that is about 3cm's at 9 weeks?

what i can't understand is how you can feel something that is about 3cm's at 9 weeks?
    Exactly right Catherine! The strange thing is the fluttering I felt feels eactly like it did with Flynn eatly on. I am totally open to it being something else (in fact, if something happens to this pg I think it will be harder if I have "felt" it, IYKWIM?)

CatherineL Guest

Heh heh, Rory - i really have no clue really when it comes to fetal movements, it's just something 3cm's! shesshh.. ya must have a really sensitive abdomen or something? If it was me, i would just say it's fetal movement, because it is nice to think you can feel bubby moving!

Yeah, I suppose I should be happy I think I've got a wild one here!

CatherineL Guest

Lol.. I just thought!! Have you been eating allot of junk food? maybe it's a bit hypo and is bouncing around in there!!

I felt a fluttering at 11 wks with this one (pg #3), but i really didnt think it could be baby.....with pg #2 it was 13 weeks...

I thought I felt something yesterday but been told I'm too early to feel anything. Felt like a gentle finger stroke from the inside. My friend has had a bubby and is preg with #2, for her first she didnt feel anything till 20wks, for this one she started gettin kung-fu bashed from about 12 weeks onwards. I'm not sure if 7 weeks is too early, if your muscles are still a bit weaker and stretched from the previous bubs then hey who are we to say its not possible

Smile

A friend told me she first felt her baby at 8 weeks (it was her first and she said it felt like rising bubbles).

I was about 8 weeks myself when she told me this, so I started paying more attention and first felt my baby, without doubt, at 10 weeks.

I dunno, I know you do feel it earlier with the second, third etc but a baby at 7 weeks is teeny tiny, I don't know how you'd feel it move?

Willow, I think it's wishful thinking on my part

becmc Guest

It may only be 3 cms or whatever but it is still something in your body that isn't usually there, so any unfamiliar movements can be noticed. I think it is totally reasonable to feel bubs move so earlier, just because all the books and most people say you can't feel it until 12 weeks or whenever doesn't mean that noone will feel it earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast