Thread: How many weeks?

chookette Guest

Default How many weeks?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, my first post! yay!

Well, I'm 90 percent sure im pregnant as I did two HPT's a few days a part and both showed faint lines and my period is REALLY late (sounds promising i think)....still havent been to doctors yet though!

My question is (i know may sound dumb as most ppl prolly already know the answer ) how many weeks pregnant woud I be? Do they count it from the first day of your last period? or from the day you actually think you concieved or other?

Thanks heaps in advance!

Congratulations and welcome, Chookette!!
    So how many weeks pg do you think you are?
    Look forward to chatting more.

Tanya

Welcome Chookette

Majority of people inc doctos will go by the first day of your LMP. I had long cycles as well (30 odd days) and they still based my due date on that. They will correct it if need be when you go in for your first ultrasound.

Love :smt049

Welcome to BB Chookette & congratulations

Like the others said, most people go by LMP.

Hi Chookette, :smt006

Welcome to BB. As the other girls said, doc goes by LMP.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hey Kathryn...how many days diff was your edd form O and from you lmp? Cause If they say to go by my lmp my edd changes quite a bit (from the 19th of March to the 11th of march). I also read that counting 266 days from conception is the most acurate way of calculating due date.
    Oh well my 1st u/s will clear up any confusion. I am actually going to use my long cycles as an excuse for an u/s... O can't help myself... I WANA SEE MY BABY!!! LOL

Tanya

Hi Tanya.

If I went by O my due day would have been May 5th. I was put down as my due date being April 17th (which is correct going by my LMP)

So that was an 18 day difference. My ultrasounds confirmed an estimate of an April 17th delivery, and I had a lot of ultrasounds (8 in total with Lachlan). He ended up being forced into the world via inducement on April 5th

Love :smt049

Thanx Kathryn,
    Your EDD were very different!! I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Tanya

Another rough way my Dr told me to work it out was to go back 3 months from LMP and add 1week IYKWIM

IE My LMP was June 5th, back three months is March 5th, plus one week is my EDD of March 12th - it also calculates the same with LMP.