Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many wks before you book in @ hospital?

Default How many wks before you book in @ hospital?

Hi,
    Just wondering at what stage of pregnancy due you book into the hospital you want to have bub in?
    Thanks

a lot of hospitals require you to book in straight away. I have already booked into mine. Id hate to miss out on the hospital of my choice.
    HTH

Yep, straight away for me too.....I booked in with my OB and the hospital by the time I was 6 weeks with all 3........

tiggy Guest

Some hospitals don't want you to book into the hospital until you are over twelve weeks, which, is the magical number for reduced risk of miscarriage.
    I'd call the antenatal clinic of your choice and ask them when you need to book in. I've even heard of some clinics that won't let you book in until after your morphology scan!

Hi,

I was booked into hospital when I made the appointment to see my obstetrician for the first time. His midwife asked me where I wanted to have the baby then rang up and booked me into the hospital I chose. This was when I was six weeks pg. As the others have said though, it depends where you would like to go. If you've got an ob in mind, check if their office will do the booking for you.

Cheers,

Mel

I was booked into my hospital from 6 weeks - in saying that though they didn't see me until 11 weeks...

So I rang up and made an appt in advance for around 12 weeks mainly because they are so flat out and if you don't book ahead you can miss out on your choice of hospital. That was going public though so I have no idea if its different going private!

mizzsocial Guest

i waited 12 weeks

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I rang as soon as I had my pregnancy comfirmed as I heard that you had to be quick. Basically give them a ring and they will advise you on their way of doing things. I rang and they gave me an appointment for when I was past 12 weeks, I went in then and that's when we did all the paperwork.

HTH

I tried booking in straight away , but they told me I had to wait until 8 weeks.

I can't book in until my dr signs the forms. So my first app with her is at 11.5w....

Thanks for your help...I'll wait till I see Doc and go from there I guess!

my dr told me to book in straight away, but when i rang they said they wouldnt book anyone until they have had the 12 week scan.

With my OB and hospital they book you in at 20 weeks.

Kristy

Fire Fly Guest

I think each area or state is different but i had to see my GP first then book in straight away as i wanted to go through midwives. I was only 5 wks and just got in.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

My Obs receptionist booked the hospital (the hospital I go to won't take booking directly from patients) and I booked in at 4 weeks with both and got in by a day or two cause it books out so fast.

We can book in anytime after 12 weeks. If we like we can book in when we come into labour if we like. No hurry in country hospitals.

When I made my first Ob appointment, the receptionist sent in my booking to the hospital and they sent me the forms. This was at 5 weeks. The receptionist said that I just got in apparently. I would hate to miss out on the hospital that I had my heart set out on.

So everything is confirmed. Alot of hospitals book out very early now.

I booked in when I was 4wks 3days as the Canberra Midwife Program gets booked up early and I was told I needed to book in before I was 5wks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast