Thread: How much cramping is bad cramping?

Question How much cramping is bad cramping?

I've had pretty bad cramps, on and off all day, and just beginning to get a bit worried. Keep on doing the undie check at the toilet, but nothing out of the ordinary so far.

I usually get mild cramps at the intervals where my period would have been, so 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, that kind of thing, but this is quite heavier cramping than my normal stuff.

How much cramping is bad cramping? It comes and goes in my back too.

And could this have anything to do with me and DH .. umm... DTD this morning?

I don't know babe... I had really bad cramps for the last 3 days (I even drank a whole bottle of coke trying to feel Speck move ) ..they seem to have subsided now, but not sure what the go is, I don't remember feeling them quite so badly with Charlotte...

WRT to DTD.. I think that could have a lot to do with it - (TMI lol..possible AO...) How...strong...was your climax? I suppose that could cause some cramping all over I would think...?

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    How...strong...was your climax?
    Depends which one you are talking about

Hehe

Well since I've had Eden, they are a LOT stronger these days... but this morning was nothing out of the ordinary - I didn't fall off the bed or anything.. ROFL!!!

Well I would think that could have something to do with it then...

... despite the relative stability of remaining on the bed

With my own experiences, if the cramping is worse than you've previously experienced, I would definitely get it checked. Best case scenario, bubs is fine and you're a bit embarrassed from having told the midwife about your sex life - not much against the opposite scenario

Having said that, hopefully its just from DTD - way to go Mel!

A bit of a TMI comment but whenever i climaxed i would get the worst cramping afterwards.

I guess as long as the cramping is bearable its alright. If you are unsure then get checked out. But in the mean time have you tried panadol and resting?

I don't know that there is an easy answer Mel. It could very well have alot to do with DTD, I used to have minor bleeds and/or cramping after DTD. The fact that there is no blood is a good thing so I would not worry to much, you will have more answers within a day or two.

Hey Gorgeous !

Hope the cramps subside !
    Could very well be from DTD - We were only ever game enough to DTD once (when i was pg with O) and i felt sooo sick for days after but no cramping.
    I always worried about what could happen.
    I am thinking of you and i have a big hug ready for you when i see you tonight !

Love ya !
    xoxoxo

ETA - in regards to the back ache - i had back cramping too but that doesnt mean it will be the same outcome for you.
    The fact that you dont have any spotting is good too. My spotting started out light brown and i went to the hospy when it ended up red just because i didnt know what else to do.
    They said there's not alot they can do for me if i am having a m/c but they were really good to me and put my mind at ease. It was a weekend. I had a scan and blood tests (on the Monday) Why do these things always happen on a weekend ??

Hey just to throw another sugestion out there, at the start of this pregn, I had severe cramping after DTD and ended up at the docs who rushed me for an emergency us, turned out I was constipated and the pain after sex was just a coincidence, I was to get the pain anyway. (sorry TMI) So try not to worry too much, there are lots of innocent things that can cause the pain too... Hopefully not as embarrassing as mine though!! Lol... FWIW, I'd rather the doc say to ease up on the awesome sex life then for him to say go have a poo! Good luck at the doc's I hope it's something innocent! (I'm sure it will be) xx

Hehe... well I think it was from DTD, they lasted till about 10pm last night, and then eased up completely and I haven't had any today.

So DH has been warned - no more DTD!!!!

Glad it has eased up hun and no more DTD... til DD is looming and you want bubby to arrive

ohhh your poor DH lol

glad all has settled down