Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Quickly do you show?

anistu Guest

Default How Quickly do you show?

Hi, Im 6w5d pg and just wondering how quickly others have shown, dates are confirmed, but I am already showing quite a belly and having trouble fitting into my clothes, I am of slim build and was very fit and healthy before being pregnant. Have an u/s booked for next Thursday. Just a general question.
    Thanks

It really does vary. there are so many different factors that can influence how early/late you show, like your height and build, also if this isn't your first pg you can show earlier, if you tend to retain fluid. It is usually around the 12 wk mark that your uterus is above the pubic bone. HTH.

I'm only just past the 9 week mark and I've already got quite a little round belly! LOL - Most of my clothes no longer fit and jeans... FORGET IT! LOL Like you, was a slim build before falling PG, so I guess it's the luck of the draw and genetics!

Celsie. xoxox

Anistu,

Are you short? Or short in the torso?

I found that made a huge difference to how quickly some people show. I personally showed early both pregnancies. With Patrick I took 3 weeks off work around the Christmas break, stayed in bed the whole time and ate, hence I put on 5kgs in the first trimester. Probably why my clothes didn't fit! LOL

This pregnancy I've had a pot by the end of the day since 6 weeks, but have only put on 2kg this time due to running around after a 2 year old and also having no time off work.

I'm nearly 12 weeks and look quite pregnant but have to suck it in at work for another week, until my 13 week scan next Thursday (6 more sleeps!).

Then I can tell the world and let it all hang out - YAY!

You might find that your tummy goes up and down a bit if this is your first and you are slim, it's just the hormones play with your bowls and they bloat. Bummer hey!

Hi Hon.

You sound a bit like me - slim and flat-stomached (and -chested, but that's another story). I noticed a "podge" around 7w (and the really tight clothes were uncomfortable), but my DH was kind enough to tell me I'd always had that. I don't think so! I was doing daily sit-ups at that point still! I did a bit of a pop at 12w, but still only I could see it (and a nice people in Austria... DH couldn't see it though!). Now people are either telling me I'm really pregnant or that they can't see it - I have a mix of both throughout the week, I think it depends on the clothes I wear.

If you want, check out the bump growth pics on the website (click on the word "Liebling" in my sig) and see what you think.

amberdee Guest

I am now 7 weeks 3 days and I have also been wondering whether my middle should be getting bigger already. I do wonder if it's really got more to do with the fact that I've been grazing constantly for the last 10 days or so trying to keep the nausea at bay. Although I'd rather like think it's to do with my short torso as Tash suggests!

Hey girls

No tummy as yet but my breasts have gone from a B cup to almost a D and am only 6wks 4 days. have to go bra shopping today as most of mine aren't covering much - and they are just plain uncomfortable.

Koby

Hi, I am 8 weeks today and I have a little 'pouch' but that is it. My stomach feels slightly spread out but I think I have been eating for 2 or even 3 OPPS! LOL But the strange this is....I don't feel like my boobs are bigger, yes they hurt every now and then but not like some of the pain others have felt.....and they haven't gone up any cup sizes yet. I think I think I should as others have had really sore boobs etc, but I guess everyone is different and I could just breeze through the first tirmester.

With Maddy I was around 25wks before I protuded at 10 wks with Indah people were asking me when I was due by 18 wks ppl thought I had been pregnant forver already & I was big & I grew til about 32ish wks & then kinda stayed the same, I am not at all tall!!!!

I was having trouble with my pants from about 9 or 10 weeks on but I was really bloated around then.. i wasnt really showing, I just had a pudgy belly.
    My belly popped at about 17 weeks i think, and by then it was really obvious to most people though some people at work still didnt know - I look very obvisouly pregnant now at 24 weeks. oh and My breasts did get bigger very quickly, and I couldnt wear most of my usual bras by the time I was 10 weeks and ended up buying a maternity bra at about 16 weeks.
    I am also rather height challenged (155cm), have a short torso and am naturally slim and this is my first pregnancy.. so dont know whether that makes any difference.

I can't remember exactly in weeks, but both times its been around 4-5 months with me

Just a quick update. I've actually added a belly shot to bubs website if you want to take a look. As far as boobs go, mine have gone up one cup size! :eek: Not that DH is complaining! ROFL

Celsie. xoxox

I am quite tall and have always been fit and helathy and I had a belly at 6 weeks too. I am now 26.5 weeks and everyone keeps telling m I look ready to have the baby ha ha.. I think it just depends on the individual, your baby and your genes too I guess... roll oN February..

Fire Fly Guest

With my first it wasnt until i was like 30 wks (no exageration) that i really started showing. All the clients had no idea that i was pg at all till then and they couldnt get over how far i was. By 40 weeks i popped out and it was noticeable but i really hid DD well.
    DS was another story, around 12 wks i looked 25 wks. I ballooned out really early with him, it soon settled down though. I ended up all baby like with DD so that was good, no fluid build up.
    This one, im 10 weeks and im showing a little bit. I think because im still B/Fng DS regularly that im still at my feeding body so i wont bulk up as such till he finishes. If he does. Im one of the lucky ones that drops a bundle of weight when feeding. I got to skinny with DD though so maybe not so lucky.

Its funny cause DD was a 9pd bub and DS was only 7Pd but with DD i looked smaller. Hope they keep getting smaller. I agree with the others though, different builds and different lifestyles play a huge part.

beastie Guest

i was in week 7 when i couldnt close my jeans anymore:eek:
    Last edited by beastie; November 26th, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

With my first I was about 10 weeks when the bloating stopped me from doing up my pants. I wasn't actually showing though until about 15 weeks I think.
    With my second the bloating started as soon as I got my BFP ... people were asking me if I was pregnant by the time I was 10 weeks or so.

With my first I was around 15 weeks I think, but I'm only 8 weeks now, and I have noticed my stomach has rounded back up already, probably because it's only been just on 6 months ago that there was a 3kg baby in there, more room to grow IFKWIM.
    I don't think others can notice, however I do notice people who don't know yet looking at my tum, probably just think I'm getting fat.

Hi KoB - I'm the same as you. No real tummy showing yet (other than the one pot belly I already have!) but my boobs have definately got bigger! Not quite new bra yet but getting close! I do have to be careful with eating though beacuse Ihave no real excuse for showing yet! 7 weeks 3 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast