Thread: HUNGRY!!!!

Default HUNGRY!!!!

Hey girls... just venting... I am SOOOOOO hungry, I have eaten so many almonds to try and tied me over til lunch, but it's killing me...

only 25 mins before I can eat lunch, but man, I think I could eat a horse!

Does/did anyone else get this hungry in early pg????

Melinda Guest

I got really hungry early in my PG too, but it would only strike me in the wee hours of the morning, so I couldn't sleep!! The rest of the day I was fine. It didn't matter what I tried to eat, it wouldn't fill me up and it made me feel really awful! I ended up trying a small tub of yoghurt as a last resort one day when I'd tried most other things in the fridge at some obscene hour, and it worked! And you know what, every morning, for the remainder of my PG, between 5 - 7 am, I had to get up and eat a tub of yoghurt by the light of the fridge so that I could go back to sleep!!!

Gosh Mel - I hope that doesn't happen to me... I need my sleep!!! I was really hungry late last night/early morning, but DH wouldn't get up and make me crumpets, and I eventually fell back to sleep!!

Almost eat time!

Melinda Guest

LOL Mel! Seriously, I got used to it......I'd get up for one of my many toilet trips and cruise by the fridge and I got pretty good at scoffing it down at lightning pace ROFL!!! Then I'd jump back into bed happy as larry for some more sleep!

Kirsty77 Guest

I was really hungry all the time as well!But I couldn't eat very much without getting really full really quickly.Then about an hour later I would feel even fuller!

Hi mel,

i am the same, at about 5 weeks i was really really hungry but when i started eating i would be full really quickly and wouldnt be able to get through a meal.

Now im really really hungry all the time and can eat just about anything and still be hungry! oh im not looking forward to weighing myself thats for sure!!

Lol mel! at the yoghurt by the fridge light, thats quite funny!!

From 5-7 weeks I couldn't get enough food into me, then I was so sick I lost 7kg during the rest of the first trimester... So eat up while you can!!

I was hungry till morning sickness kicked in at around 6 weeks then couldn't stand the though of eating anything. The only thing I consumed a lot of was water. I was always thirsty. I lost quite a bit of weight in the first half of pregnancy but I’m making up for it now.

I was actually OK up until about 20 weeks, since then I'm hungry all the time.

I was pretty much hungry up until 17 weeks. I have NEVER EVER eaten so much. Infact I put 17kgs on in that time!! Not to scare you though, because I haven't put on any more. I sort of lost weight after that when appetite returned to normal, and then put some more on over the last few months, so it evened out. But I was eating burgers, pizzas, anything I could (lots of good stuff too). So I understand how you feel. Just eat!! xo

mysterygirl Guest

i am getting there - when i get over my paranoia about what food i can and cannot eat - i am hungry alot - but because of being on a Low GI diet that i haven't been sticking too - ssshhh don't tell DH - all i think about it foods i am not allowed to eat - like a big hairy jam donut or chocolate icecream - or just a bacon butty...grr shush growly tummy

Cee_Cee99 Guest

yes, yes.... I'm always hungry... Yougurt and almonds are by far the best things to eat (according to my nathropath).... anything that has protein in it...as that will keep your blood levels more stable and you can last longer... anyone else have other high protein pregancy snack ideas??? I'm hungry....