Thread: I am so paranoid! Any suggestions

Default I am so paranoid! Any suggestions

I am so stressed out about this baby. I know everyone is nervous during the first trimester but this is driving me nuts. I was so lucky with my DS as I had blood tests and then 2 early u/s and an OB with and u/s in his office. This time round my dr must have assumed I am OK with everything and basically told me to come back when I am 12 wks.

I have lots of symptoms but I am so paranoid I am scared I am imagining them (now I sound like a nutcase right!) I don't know how I am going to survive the next 7 wks! Any advice to help me settle would be great

Sarah, you don't sound like a nutcase at all! Unfortunately I can't help you with surviving the next 7 weeks, as I'm just as paranoid as you, as are most women in the early stages of pregnancy.

I'm not sure how obs work, but maybe you could call and ask to have an early u/s, just to put your mind at ease??

All the best with it all, and I hope this first trimester doesn't drag too much for you!

I had an early altrasound with both my children. With my first, I had some pain, so an altrasound was called for to make sure the baby was growing in the right place, and it was so early, only a sac was visable - so I asked for a second early altrasound two weeks later just to "make sure there is a baby growing". When I fell pregnant w/ my daughter, I asked for one again, and they didn't hesitate to but my fears at ease. The only thing is, unless your at least 7 weeks pregnant, the baby's heart-beat may not yet be visable, so I would advise that you hang on just a couple more weeks, so that you can be put (almost.lol) completely at ease. Congratulations, and good luck!

I felt the same way as you and was told that I didnt' need anything but the home test I did, until 12 weeks. They never even confirmed with a blood test. I really hated waiting and was totally convinced there'd be nothing there! My DH kept saying, "but you haven't got your period and teh test was positive", but I was so paranoid.
    I'd say you're totally normal feeling that, and either go with the flow or book an u/s somewhere!! I ended up waiting, andthe time did fly, and I have a bub now!! So Im sure all is well, but I do understand how you're feeling!!
    Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!! xoxo

I'm a bit the same. I don't really have any symptoms though so I'm wondering if I'm still pregnant! It is so hard waiting for 12 weeks to come around but we just have to hang in there.

SarahXan
    I know exactly how you feel. I am 7 weeks today and I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next five! Perhaps join a belly buddy thread and keep your stress levels down as you compare symptoms with other women at the same stage. It's been helping me.

Gurnz - you too - some women just don't have symptoms.

Thanks, I am really tempted to ring up and ask for an early u/s just to stop me stressing out so much but I really don't want to seem like an idiot :-) I might see how I feel next week (if I can wait that long). It's so nice to know I am not the only one

goldilocks Guest

Having just hit the 12 week mark myself, I know exactly how you're all feeling! I've been a nervous wreck up until this point. My first u/s isn't until Monday so I have a little longer to wait to actually see that I have a baby growing inside me! But reaching the emotional hurdle of 12 weeks somehow makes me feel 100% calmer.

The only thing that got me through to this point was my wonderfully supportive DH (this journey is all the more magical thanks to his love and support), my beautiful Mum who has been through it all before me and always settled my nerves when I was worrying about something, and all the lovely ladies on BB! I think it's so important to have a great support network around you...it's all the more difficult having to cope with things by yourself so make sure you surround yourselves with loving and supportive people!

Hang in there ladies, you'll be into the second trimester before you know it!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

I think this is something that everyone goes through unfortunately. If you look back a few months i even posted a thread similar to this. It was great having everyone on this forum to reassure me to stay positive. What made it worse for me is i never had any symptoms at all. I found that even though i was worrying, i had to fight that and stay positive. Times i just tried to forget that i was pregnant so that time would pass.. and well, it did. Youll get through it.. keep your chin up mate

Thanks, I am feeling much more positive today. I have even been able to talk about the baby and make some plans. I think a lot of it is because I found out so early adn I am so moody with this pregnancy. Thank you all for your support. I'm sure I am going to need it over the next 6 weks and 6 days :-)

Sarah sweet I am feeling exactley the same way. I think I have "googled" way to much information and statistics and start to be really obessessive compulsive about something going wrong.

I have just tried as much as possible to think happy positive thoughts and try and distract myself with other things. We are moving house this weekend so that is a good distraction.

Know that how you are feeling is totally normal and try and enjoy the journey as much as you can possibly can.

Sarah,
    I know how you feel. I am currently 7w 4d and it is driving me crazy not having a scan till the 8th Aug. I cant wait to see my baby. I had a scan @ 6w with my DS.
    Good luck,
    Jenni

Sarah, when I was as pregnant as you are I didn't even know it! All the few tiny symptoms I had have died down, and it's only the lack of a period and the fact I've seen the baby's heartbeat that's keeping me thinking I'm pregnant. I was lucky in having a dating scan 9w1d after my LMP (so NOT 9w1d pg, but try to convince the maty department here of that!) and am having another on the 31st of August.

So look on the bright side, you're not throwing up or feeling bad! I know it would be nice to, in a way, but this way you can tell people when you're ready to, not because you get to work late from throwing up or something like that. Sorry, I have no real advice because I missed this part of my pregnancy (which isn't as nice as you'd think), but I'm sure the time will fly for you!

Sarah, I know exactly how you feel. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and other than going to the toilet alot, fatigue and sore boobs you wouldn't know i was pregnant (also the 3 positive tests!). I know that I should be thankful that I'm ok (so far!) but a sign would help with the nerves! Every cramp is a sign of a problem and then when there isn't a cramp that's a sign of a problem too! Stress!!!! How will I last another 6 weeks!!!

Kristy - I too have googled WAY TOO MUCH, I have banned myself now
    Ryn - By the time I found out I was pg with DS I was on my way to 6wks and it was much better than this waiting and I got a dating scan too which was fab. Unfortunetly (but also wonderful) is that m/s is starting to hit hard. So I don't know what to do as far as telling anyone, it may be hard to hide soon :-) but I guess m/s is a good sign of a sticky bubba (at least I hope so)
    To the rest of us in the first tri - at least we know we are all in this together hey and I guess we should enjoy this journey. My friend gave me some good advice and that was "it is better to have loved (your bub) and lost, than to never have loved at all"

your not a nutcase and it is normal
    Unfortunatly for me it was stress stress stress until the first dr's appointment , then until 12 weeks , then until 20 weeks , then 37weeks and then the due date and birth hehe ( see? its me who's the nutcase )
    Just remember that time flies and before you know it first trimester will be a distant memory..
    sorry I dont have any more substantial advice , but hang in there !

I feel the same way... my doctor confirmed it today with another HTP, and when i asked him about the blood test, he said no wait till your 10 weeks. which is another 4 weeks away. I feel so lost this is my first and i am so terrified! I believe i am more then 6 weeks, as my lmp was really light an only lasted 2 days, but again the doc didn't seem to worry, the only symptoms i have is no period, and cramps, and back pain, with a little nausea, Peeing and awlful lot!My belly is showing! I mean noticably! That is why i did my 3HPT's, because my partner noticed! and i have no idea if i am ment to be having more symptoms or those are the ones to call the doctor for! I feel your pain!!!

Duemar5th
    Can you go to another doctor. It is pretty normal to be getting your pg confirmed by a blood test NOT a home preg test (I think that is what you are saying in your post). HPTs are not 100% accurate.

A blood test will also give you the estimated duration of your pregnancy as the amounts double every couple of days in early preg.

I had a blood test at 4w3d. I had my first u/s at 7wks. I think you need to find a different GP.