Thread: I cannot believe I have to book in already!!!

Default I cannot believe I have to book in already!!!

My goodness! I tried to book in to see Paul Bretz (in Brisbane) and he is not accepting any more referrals! I am only 6 weeks pregnant! SHEESH!!

So, I am going to see Len Yared, whom I am told is fantastic and really promotes natural deliveries (YAY!!), but then they tell me that I have to book into the Mater Mother's Private NOW!!

So I just called them, and they are calling me back to make sure there is enough room for me!!

Goodness! One of the booking officers told me that she had a call from a woman who was only just two weeks pregnant to book in the other day! She must have only just rolled off and then made the phone call!!

Yep I booked the very day I got my bfp.

ha ha I thought I was being organised by booking when I was 10 weeks! Lucky I did as I only just got in to my closest hospital......this is obviously my first, I had no idea!

Whoa glad i live in the country... I dont have to book in for ages... Hope all goes well..

Wow I just had my bub at the Mater private - I booked in at about 6 or 7 weeks too from memory. It's crazy isn't it?
    Good luck with everything.

Fire Fly Guest

I booked in with all 3 prgs at 5 weeks.

Wow, I was freaking out when I was told that we had to make a decision by 8 weeks. I think I waited a couple of weeks after that to book in too! But to be not taking any more referrals when you're only 6 weeks... Agh! That's scary!

Princess Kylie! "Rolled off and make the booking"... you make me laugh

When I was preg with Patrick, I went private and had to book in with Dr and Cabrini (Melbourne) and I think I was 6 weeks. I was warned by others before I fell preg that if I want to go to Cabrini I have to book as soon as I get the BFP.:eek:

So that was no worries.

Now I am going public this time around (Frankston) and they wouldn't take my booking before 8 weeks even though I'd had all the tests and a 7 week us!!

Then once I got through on the phone, I don't actually see them for my first visit until 29th December when I'll be around 16 weeks, so I have also booked with a Dr who does public and private patients and will just go to the one Dr for the duration, although no gaurantee he'll deliver!!

So I think that's the difference between public and privaite. Although there aren't a lot of public hospitals in my neck of the woods, so they are really really busy.

So, yes, I think that it's perfectly normal to book as early as you can, but I think 2 weeks preg is a bit over the top!!!

~Jane~ Guest

I am 4 weeks 3 days and when I called the hospital (Cabrini) yesterday they told me they were almost booked up and I would need to book by tomorrow, and I had just had my blood test confirmed an hour before. So I have booked before I could discuss it properly with my gynea and GP, so hopefully they will be in agreement when I talk to them today (I am sure they will be)

I booked in with my Ob and hospital on the same day (3 weeks 4 days) and took the last spot with both! With private hospitals, some of them are much harder to get into than others because of their programs like the Sofitel program and also the type of pregnancies they take - those that do a lot of IVF deliveries tend to book out much earlier than some of the others!

Kylie - how did you end up going? Did you secure a spot with this other doc?

MG

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Yep I booked into Cabrini with all three and the first time I booked in at 4 weeks and 4 days and got in by a day! The last two times I have not left it so late and have booked in right on 4 weeks! No way I was missing out on Cabrini or my Obs!

Yep, I booked in the day after I got a positive test which was at just under 4 weeks.. They told me its good I booked in so early, because if I had left it another 2 or so weeks I may have missed out! This was a public hospital too. I tried ringing some private obs who said they were not taking any new patients because their books were full, or they were already booked out.