Thread: I felt good today when ....

Default I felt good today when ....

I went to the docs for a checkup & while i was there told him i was going to ask some questions when i went for my antenatal appointment.He said like what? I said oh like if they allow a pool/bath for giving birth.He gave me this incredulous look & shook his head & said i think u will find that no hospital has that sort of thing or allows that sort of thing so i said oh yes they do quite often it's just a matter of wether they let u actually birth the baby in the water or not,depending on the individual hospital.
    He just stared at me for a minute & then went back to writing his notes.I almost felt like laughing.I know it was only a simple thing but it made me feel good because previously i would have just taken his word for it & nodded meekly.So i felt like i took my first step in being more confident & in control of my baby & my body,iykwim.
    Does that make sense to anyone? Just felt happy with myself so i wanted to share.Thanks 4 listening

Hi Artemis
    It make sense to me. Well done for standing up for yourself

Good on you for standing up to him and putting him in his place some docs think they know everything

Its great when you tell someone something new they think they know all about. I would have loved to try a different birth technique but DP wont allow it. With my first i was stuck on a bed as they broke my water, had a monitor on bubs head, i was on machines for high BP and my legs up in the stirips as i keps digging my heels into the bed for extra push.. (if that makes sense..)

Good luck and hope you have a H & H preg and labour...

Oh Artemis Well Done!

It's such a good feeling to be able to 'confront' the person trying to convince you their professional knowledge must be better than yours. Woohooo!
    My old (obviously) GP didn't even think to test for pregnancy to start off with (he told me the fevers, headaches, vomiting was a virus that would pass) - and then when i tested positive, i was in tears and he automatically assumed i would terminate and as such gave me no other information. Gosh didn't he get a surprise when i came back in with a bit of a belly four months later...

It's such an empowering experience to shove it back in their face. IYKWIM.

Well done, thats great you had a little chuckle to yourself!!! :P so many GPs have nooooo idea do they!! alot of them need to get with the times!!!!! i saw a GP a few weeks back when i was getting BT done and i said 'can i please get the test that shows the hcg levels on it, not just yes or no" and he said 'well, you can only get a test that says yes you are preg or no you are not" and i said to him "are you sure? because my friends have had them done before!!! to show the levels in your blood!" and he said "nope no such thing" so i just gave up but walked out thinking to myself "he knows not much about testing for HCG!!!!!"

i actually walked out frustrated because i didnt get the beta hcg test i asked for but i was just happy to be out of there TBH!!!! i reckon i could make a better GP than him!!

Good on you for standing up to him.

Thanks everyoneIt's also funny that i had to ask for the pregnancy test to start with because my boobs were so terribly sore.He didn't even think of it ,he was going to order a biopsy!! I was like ahhh no actually i was thinking we should do a pg test 1st b4 u go sticking a needle in my boob!
    I was similar with my other pregnancies Jess 84 ie: monitors ,drips,waters broken ,drugs, ended up on my back every time! This time i'm determined to do it right & not just follow along blindly & meekly doing what the doc tells me to do.

Sorry 4 the double post just had to add -
    Kel84 i see ur in caboolture,i'm like about 10 or 15 mins away from u so hi*waves*

Good on you artemis!! Well done