Thread: I should know this.....

sajemsha Guest

Smile I should know this.....

I'm 13 weeks, I'll be going to the dr's - nurse next week for another antinatal, I was just wondering when the start to measure the fundle height? so far they've only weighed me, did the pee thing and taken my blood pressure.
    Nothing to exciting I guess...

Percy Guest

I t hink mine was started to be measured around 15 weeks or so?? So maybe this visit for you!

i have never had my fundle height measured...well, at least i dont think i have. I only have u/s, pee, weight and blood pressure done. Unless the u/s covers the fundle height thing. Actually, am not sure what a fundle height is, I thought they had a feel of your belly from the outside?

Percy Guest

yes thats it Mum2bee - they feel your uterus to ensure its growing right.

Tammy05 Guest

Hello,

My ob started measuring on my first visit a couple of weeks ago at 10 weeks. Maybe you could ask them about it.

Tammy

I think i should ask about that? I keep wondering if/when they check those sorts of things, i was expecting it by now.

Ive been going through the midwife clinic at a public hospital, and they started measuring my fundal height at my first appointment, which was at 20 or 21 weeks.

oh ok then, my last visit i was about 15weeks, so maybe my next, where i will be 21weeks, he will do it.

sajemsha Guest

Smile

Guess I'll find out on the next visit then..... I hope I measure to my dates, I feel huge!

They only check mine twice & that was pretty late in the pregnancy.... Maybe 28 & 32 weeks???

I think the first time mine was measured was about 28 weeks and is now done every appointment. I think it really depends on the doc/midwife and the hospital policy. Up until about 8 weeks ago my appointments consisted of a quick feel of the tummy, BP and listen for the heart beat. Now I also provide a urine spec, she has a feel for bubs position and she measures fundal height with a tape measure
    HTH

MG

Mum2bee
    Some people donít bother with the fundal height measurement but in most cases they would do it from about 20 weeks

Thanks all - Alan, good to see you back on the forums - have missed your input.
    Rose, sorry, i think i hijacked your thread

sajemsha Guest

No probs mum2bee at least I know it's be about the 20 week mark, they probably won't bother at this next appointment then.....
    Cheers