Thread: i woke up in agony last night...

alex c Guest

Default i woke up in agony last night...

hi there girls well i just dont know what happened to me i woke up in so much pain in my hips and lower back it felt really bad at one stage i woke up DC to give me a massage just wondering if anybody has ever experianced this im 11 weeks pregnant......

hi alex,

i had terrible pain in the first tri, like period pain, but worse than i had ever had before. i was a bit worried and called my dr, and he said it is quite normal to have this pain, just take panadol. mine was at night time too.

if you are worried, it wouldnt hurt to call your dr, and also if you have any bleeding, but otherwise, im sure it is fine,

hope it doesnt bother you for too much longer,

Linda

Hun, each of my pregnancies (3) Ive had to go to the hospital, b/c of such bad pains, but they were all at 6-8 weeks and also further on into it, so many hospital trips, drove me mad!

Mine wern't in my hips though, mine was in my lower left side and like really bad period pain.

If you're worried and this is your first I'd definately call your DR or OB- better to be safe than sorry!

Hope you are ok, hun! xx

I can roll over in the night and my hips are in agony. Have found laying propped on my back or tummy eased it.

Custardtart Guest

It happened to me too, I found that in order to sleep without waking up in pain I had to prop myself up on my side with pillows so that I didn't roll onto my stomach or back. I had a system with four pillows that kept me on my side - DH laughed at my 'nest', but it was the only thing that helped.
    If I did roll off my side, I woke up in such pain that I'd head straight for the shower and run hot water over my back to loosen up the muscles. Try a heatpack or hot water bottle, it helped me.

Kerrie