Thread: I'm concerned

Default I'm concerned

I am 11 weeks pregnant and am a bit concerned about diminishing pregnancy symptoms. My breasts where very sore, had grown a cup size and become quite firm, but over the last couple of days this has diminished. They are now not sensitive at all and feel much more wobbly. Is this normal at this point of pregnancy, or should they still be tender and firm. I've got my first u/s on Tuesday, but at this point it seems like such a long way away. Can anyone shed some light on my concern?

oh darlin it doesn't mean anyhting bad not at all. They don't have to be sore the whole way through, maybe they have grown to the size they will remain till your milk comes through and therefore your body has no gotten use to the size therefore they don't need to be painful as much or at all. But be warned the sore boobies can come back! Just when you think your boobs are yours again, whamo, they take life all on there own again! Don't worry sweetheart boobs are the least of the things to worry about in pregnancy.

Your u/s is not that far off and if you are having no abdominal pain or bleeding then everything right this minute is just fine!

Priase the lord you have normal pain free boobs again, cause it may not last!

Thanks Soul,
    You're right. I have no cramping or bleeding so I should try and maintain a positive attitude for the time being and be happy that I'm not in pain. Thank you for your positive words. I feel much better.

Oh sweetness your a mother already so of course you are going to worry, your just doing what comes naturally to a mother!

No point telling you not to worry cause its instinct too worry, so how about we just say, "TRY" not too! lmao!

Smidge this is my 4th preg & every other one I had sore boobs, but this one I have had nothing til last night... Taking off my bra & I almost went through the roof, dont worry (easier said than done I know) but really things do come & go....

Good Luck at your scan...

Melinda Guest

Smidge, I have had 5 pregnancies now, 3 of them ended in m/c. The only pregnancy that I actually had sore boobs with, was my very first PG (which was my first loss). The remainder of my pregnancies have been sore-boob-free! They didn't get bigger either! (Thank goodness, I'm already an E-cup!) Try not to read too much into it. Are you having other symptoms? A lot of things tend to ease right off around the time that the 1st trimester comes to an end because the placenta starts to take over. It can be a hard time emotionally because often you don't 'feel' pregnant, or look it either! That will soon change, believe me! :wink:

I know it's easy to say "don't worry" (believe me, I know!) but I am sure things will be just fine and come Tuesday when you have your scan, you'll get to see your little baby happy and well in there!

GOOD LUCK!

Well I can't add to what the others have said...but HAVE FUN at your scan
    No matter how well things might be going, when you see your little bubba you breathe out a sigh of relief you didn't know you were holding in. (Well I did anyway )
    All the best!

Smidge
    I had sore boobs for the first trimester and then all my symptoms pretty much vanished. The weeks between them dissappearing and feeling the baby move for the first time were very L - O - N - G. Don't panic hun - it sounds pretty normal.

btw my boobs are sore again now and I'm 33weeks.

Also - don't forget to go get (at least) measured for a maternity bra around the four month mark. I waited until 7months and the lady at DJs roused on me saying I should have been in months ago before my rib cage flared out from the baby.

Enjoy your U/S tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kar; January 8th, 2007 at 08:21 AM.

Smidge,
    I too freaked when my nausea declined around the 9 week mark BUT bub was still there happily bobbing around at my 12 week scan. Everyone is different and I know many people say you should have those symptoms until the 12 week mark but that is not always the case. Have fun at your scan tomorrow and make sure you let us know how you go.
    Hope xoxo

I never really had any pg symptoms at at all either time. Besides a tiny bit of nausia right at the begining.
    I would worry all the time, because i just felt like i wasn't pg.
    So as soul said "TRY" not to worry(its hard i know),our bodies r changing so much & symptoms come & go.
    Good luck with ur pg

Smidge, I found the same sort of thing happened to me. Not everyone has really sore boobs all through their pregnancy. Mine were sore at the very start, but now they are just bigger and leak, but not sore. My nausea and all-day sickness also started to stop around 11 or 12 wks. Everyone is different so youre pregnancy wont be the same as someone elses.

Hope the scan is all good! Its such an awesome thing to see your bubba bobbing around.

Thanks to everyone who offered their support. I have just returned from my ultrasound appointment. What a relief! My baby was happily moving about with fingers and toes and a strong heartbeat. I feel so much better knowing that everything is going as it should be.

So glad its OK, its scary with your first pg cause I know with mine I had no nausea and after the boob soreness wore off at about 8 wks it felt like I wasn't pg cause there were no symptoms. Trust me you'll look back on this time longingly in a few months!

FANTASTIC NEWS SMIDGE!!! I was hanging out to see how you went. I know how nerve racking it can be waiting. Now you can hopefully start enjoying your pregnancy!

Hopexoxoxo

Smidge - great news. I read your post a few days ok, but, i didnt have anything more to say then it happened to me as well, and i panicked. But, like you, very relieved when everything turned out ok. I had been wondering how you went, so just dropped back into to check. So, very very glad that all it well. Nothing is a special as the first glimpse of your new baby, how ever amazing small they are at the time.