Thread: im just so tierd all the time

jesica Guest

Default im just so tierd all the time

im 9 weeks and havent really had to much to complain about my pregnancy so far, i feel giddy at times but if i eat something i feel a bit better, but for about the past couple of weeks i have just been so tierd and run down and finding it really hard to go to work and stay there for the whole day, i cant cut down my hours and dont want to take lots of sick days so i wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what i can do during the day to help me survive, like certain foods to eat.
    I have been going to bed early but still very tierd, i feel like my body is running on empty, i have a healthy diet eating fruit, grains and water during the day but find myself sometimes having to eat lollies to pick me up for a while, i keep thinking to myself i cant do this for much longer and fear i may end up loosing my job were at this time i cant aford to.
    thanks in advance for your advise
    xox

Jessica, lethargy and tiredness in the first trimester can be debilitating. With all of my pregnancy's I found that to be true. My dd3 was the worst. I was a shift worker and it almost ended me I am sure!
    The good news is that by about 13 weeks you will start to feel perkier. You are doing all the right things for yourself and your baby. Eating well is the best thing you can do for the tiredness and ensuring you drink plenty. Even though it sounds horrific, a gentle walk can actually help (it did me!). Have you had your haemoglobin checked this pregnancy? If not than maybe ask for you gp to check this. However, what you are describing is usual and is the result of your very clever body working hard to grow your baby. Nuts to nibble on (esp almonds) can help to give you energy. Floradix is a very natural iron supplement that I take in the first trimester to help pick me up. I swear by the stuff, it is available from the healthfood store or the health section of some big supermarkets.
    I hope this has helped and I know that you will soon start to be much less tired.
    Lots of love and baby blessings,
    Deb

Jesica - can't offer any solutions but can let you know you are definitely not alone I'm 10.5 weeks and the lethargy is driving me up the wall - and of course it's when I'm at my busiest at work so it makes it even worse. Hang in there in a few more weeks I'm sure you'll be feeling much better

mooshie Guest

sorry that you are feeling so tired. i also feel really tired as well as quite dizzy at times during pregnancy, however this is because my iron levels get very low.

the last time i didn't need any iron supplements as i was only borderline low but my ob advised certain foods to keep up my iron (he gave me a sheet of the foods but i can't remember all of them) one thing i do remember was dried apricots - which were fantastic i nibbled on them every day, and also the water intake is important to.

hope you feel better soon

lucysmummie Guest

YOU AND ME BOTH!!!!! Im SO freakin tired I feel like a truck has run over me!!!

hope you feel better tho, its all worth it in the end isnt it?

Yes it is worth it! When you hold your baby in your arms for the first time you won't care if you had to walk to Burke and back!
    For now it seems so hard and endless (and it is!) but soon it will be a mere speck in the ocean of your life!
    I hope you feel better soon, but take it as a wonderful sign that your body is working really hard to grow your baby!
    I hope you all have a great day.
    Love and baby blessings,
    Deb

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Excellent advise - I also want to add that if you can get even 10 mins in your lunch break to lie down it helps so much - I went a sleep in the car for 15mins last week! I've also slept on park benches, under my desk, at the gym and in the park - you can get really creative when your so exhusted you just want to crash anywhere - word of warning - make sure you set your alarm on your mobile phone as you could sleep on a park bench for 2 hours..

if you can not det to sleep, lay down with your eyes closed and mediate for 10 mins, focus on your breath, positive affirmations, picture your baby growing etc.. for me, even a 10 min break with my feet up somewhere helps a lot...

good luck!

Fantastic advise CeeCee I especially liked the meditation.
    Just conjured up images of a pregnant belly being arrested for vagrancy!!! (Park bench )
    Love Deb

I am almost 11 weeks and by evening I cant stop yawning...these huge gut wrenching yawns..sounds like an A380 and feels like I could easily tear a muscle.

I get a 1/2 lunch break and usually eat at my desk and spend that half hour sleeping in the car. Be carefull to roll the window down as it can get really really hot.