Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not immune to rubella

froofy Guest

Default I'm not immune to rubella

I just found out today, and I've been told to avoid large groups of ppl (especially kids) for the next nine months. *sigh*

*TamaraP* Guest

ohhh froofy

i was lucky all my tests were normal...

Aww froofy. Is there any chance you can get your rubella shot now even though you are pg??

You can't get the rubella shot when you're pregnant. They will prob give it to you just after birth. At least it's not a common disease. I've never had it, nor really know anyone who's had german measles.
    Good luck and try not to stress. My sister is not immune to chickenpox and is currently pregnant. She has a 2 year old son, and it's going around kindy. It sux, but there's not much you can do except be careful. xo

mooshie Guest

oh no froofy

the whole nine months - i thought it was only the first trimester.

my immunity for rubella is quite low and i have basically had a booster nearly every 12mths - my doc is a vampire she loves taking blood and giving needles and everytime i see her she always has a needle to give some way or another.

is there anything you can do at all.

My doc told me that in the past 5 years she's only heard of less than half a dozen cases in Adelaide, so it's not a common disease at all! Obviously you don't want to take any risks, but I don't think you need to be too concerned if you do find yourself around kids... just don't let them cough on you!!

froofy Guest

Thanks everyone My doctor was pretty adamant about the need to be careful, and I just couldn't forgive myself if something happened. But I'm just so happy to be pregnant after all these years, it's a small price to pay

Hey,

My sister was in your position whith her first baby.

She lived in melbourne at the time and didnt really have to do much except aviod ppl that might have it. They gave her a shot after the bub was born.

Try not to stress!

Take care

Sorry to hear that froofy.
    It is not that common, and most kids are first immunised against it at 12 months and then a booster at 4 years (or before school).

Fingers crossed you don't get exposed to it.

Aww really? Well I am not immune to chicken pox and was never told to stay away from people while i was pregnant :-k

Nice for my doctor not to tell me! lol. It is so weird though because i have been near people soo many times and like hugging and the like and a couple of days later they get it and i've never had it!

Apparently you either get it or you don't according to my GP. So no such thing as your a carrier(which is what i thought i was) or anything. But have hear that you can be, so i dunno?

Chicken Pox is evil - ive had it twice ](*,)

Ive had immunisation against it, even though I had it twice as I certainally dont want it again... I felt like I had the plague!

I wouldnt worry too much about Rubella though hon, its not really that common, just take care.

My friend had chicken pox when she was pregnent .. I don't think anything happened with the baby. ( she is a happy healthy 4 year old now..) i didn't knnow it was a problem to the doctor tested me for it this year..

froofy Guest

It's german measles I'm not immune to, not chicken pox, though.

Don't worry, german measles is far less common than chicken pox! You shouldn't have to worry.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

I have a low immunity to rubella as well, I think it is the first semester that you have to be careful after that they say you should be fine. I have to have a needle after I deliver this baby.

With the chicken pox I think you are immune if you had it when you were a youngster. I know there is chicken pox going around the pre-school at the moment. My oldest pre-schooler has had the chicken pox(last time I was pregnant) but my youngest hasn't. My son has not got it yet but time will only tell whether he will get it or not. I should be used to it because all my kids got the chicken pox when I was pregnant with my youngest all within a matter of two weeks of each other. So I would not be surprised if Jayden came down with it now while I am pregnant again.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and baby girl due on the 8th November

Youngmum2be18 Guest

im also not immune to rebella, i was suppose to have my shot when i was at school and because im so scared of needles i kept running to the back of the line and then in the end refused to have it. they said they will give it to me jutst after the babys born while im still in hospital. i was just told to stay away from children or adults that have chicken pocks and stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast