Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm scared....

Default I'm scared....

Hi girls,

I'm 11w5d and have started to get really bad pains low down on my left hand side and they won't go away, it's been a day and I'm scared it's not going to be good news when i go for my u/s on Tuesday.
    My last pregnancy ended with a m/c at 10w4d so I am really worried that it's about to happen again.

What else could be causing this pain? Am I being over cautious? Any help would be great as I'm fearing the worst.

Take care Leah

Your body could be stretching to make room for the baby. I used to get pains in my right side when that was happening.

Hope everything goes okay with your scan on Tuesday.

Michelle,

I hope that's all it is, but i don't feel confident.
    Will let you know how the scan goes, [-o< ing for a heartbeat.

Take care Leah

Leah - am sending you lots of good vibes for Tuesday's scan. Believe me I know how easy it easy to be super paranoid about everything especially after a m/c. I'm sure it's all fine though. I have pains too sometimes, often it's just wind :-$

Thanks girls I knew i could rely on you for some support and understanding.

Fletch, I supose that is true what your Ob said. I haven't had any bleeding so I am taking that as a positive thing, although I didn't bleed when i had the m/c.
    I had an early scan at 6w6d as the Dr requested one and there was a strong heartbeat then so [-o< ing we still have one. Know doubt all will be fine I'm just panicing.

Wheatie, thanks for your thoughts too. I do get those wind pains sometimes too but this time i think it's something else. Like bub growing, or just my body adjusting.

Take care Leah

Leah...

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for Tuesday's scan!! Will and be thinking of you!

Just to let you know I often had painful cramps and such all through my pg... so hopefully that is just what it is.

amalie Guest

hey leah, i had cramps around the same time and i was totally freaking out too, i was told that the cramps were a result of the uterus expanding and everything has turned out fine so far.
    I also found a pregnancy site with an answer to someone writing in with a similar question so i thought i would paste it in for you to read

question" am almost nine weeks pregnant. Over the past five weeks I've started getting painful abdominal cramps as well as pain in my lower back. I have also noticed a slight discharge. It's clear and kind of thin, with no color or odor. Is this normal?"

answer" The pain you are experiencing may be ligament pain or spasm (a stretching, burning kind of pain in the left and/or right lower quadrant). This is normal in early pregnancy and as the uterus is better supported by the pelvic brim -- after about 20 weeks or so -- this should subside".

hope everything goes well with the doctors appointment. will be thinking of you xx

Jackie Guest

Hi Leah, hope all goes well with your scan on tuesday, hope it's all the growing your bub is doing, which is making your body stretch so bubs can fit comfortably.

Leah, I have been getting a low pain down on my left side since I conceived, it might disapear for weeks then come back and is quite tender to the touch, my little boy does seem to prefer my left side also, it seems to be ligaments stretching but mention it to your Dr and good luck with your u/s on Tuesday.

Take Care

Deeanne

Oh Leah - I'm hoping there are no problems for you on the scan. I can understand that a m/c would make you a little more anxious about everything going on!
    To let you know, I had period cramps until about 14-15 weeks, and severe cramping on the RHS til about 20 weeks. But then, I had not much M/S (at least no vomiting) so I guess where we get the good, we also ge the bad!
    I actually had a 5 hr trip to emergency at about 17 weeks cause the pain was that bad! The drs response - take some panadol. Stop being a hero!
    As Fletch says - there is a seroius amount of stretching going on in there (and more to come during labour I'm told ](*,) ), and I think she has a wonderful outlook to it! Baby growing?? - Great stuff!
    I hope Tuesday is a wonderful experience for you.
    Fi

Thanks girls for all of your replies.

I am feeling much better now that I know this is a normal part of the whole pregnancy journey. Just was worried as i didn't have any of these pains while pg with my D.
    Thanks for helping me to over come my fears and realise that what i am experiencing is normal.

Really looking forward to my scan tomorrow. Will let you know how things go.
    Take care Leah

Best of luck with scan tomorrow! I know I vomited all Friday night before my scan on Sat & all is PERFECT!!! As yours will be too!!!

Thinking of you!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodluck with your scan today!!!!!!!!!

I also had sharp pains down both sides and still get them if I get up to quick.My doc said its from my body stretching to accomodate the bub.

Pietta Guest

Good lcuk with your scan tomo- I'll be thinking of you

Westy, How did your scan go, I hope all went well!

Hi girls,
    My scan was this morning as you know. I am so relieved now, bub is doing extremely well in there, could see heaps of movement so that was wonderful. Due date has been brought forward, not by much but still.
    So happy just wanted to share my good news with you all.
    Thanks again for all of your Support.

Take care Leah

Leah thats wonderful news and a bonus that your EDD has been brought forward.

Take Care

Deeanne

Deeanne : how are you going? haven't seen you around for a while now, hope you have been well.
    Yes i was happy about the EDD being earlier, I don't like it when they keeping changing the dates though(thats what happened when pg with DS).

Take care Leah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast