Thread: Intercourse in the First Tri

Default Intercourse in the First Tri

I know this probably sounds really daft, but i'm a bit nervous about bd'ing now! Help. Is it ok to bd, as long as it's 'gentle?'

DH went pale when he thought we couldn't bd for 9 months!!

What do all you girls do about this? 8-[

We never BD during pregnancy. I kept telling Andrew I didn't want to give the baby a headache.

Love :hbeat:

We have done it twice so far Gwen & I'm now almost 21w.

I was worried cos it had taken us so long to get pregnant that I didn't want to do anything to hurt the baby, even though I knew it wasn't going to. But then after both times I had light spotting, only maybe a drop, which freaked me out & we decided no more for a while. But though apparently it is common to spot a little bit after intercourse when pregnant.

We've bd'd a few times, but no spotting or else I would have freaked out so much. I'm so scared something is going to go wrong. 8-[

Well as long as you don't have any medical conditions like an incompetent cervix you should be fine. Having said that, after 2 m/c there's no way that my DH is getting any whilst I'm pg LOL or at least not until well into the 2nd tri. With my 1st pg I spotted after every time we BD'd and one time I just never stopped spotting and went on to m/c. 2nd pg I m/c'd only a few days after we risked BDing for the first time. I know it should be fine but with my history I'm just not willing to risk it LOL.

Hi Gwen,
    We were trying to conceive for about 3 months when it happened, so it was pretty hard to cut back overnight!
    I found I could go about once a week actual bd, but we still play around 2-3 times a week on top of that. A couple of times I have nearly chucked afterwards - funny positions - too much motion - but again ya just listen to ya body!
    If I'm feeling crampy - its a definite no-no! If I'm feeling good - well maybe 2-3 times a week? I haven't had any spotting, but a couple of times I have felt a little crampy afterwards.
    Poor men - its a rough lot for them isn't it!
    Fi

We BD'ed heaps during my pregnancy, at least 4 times a week!! But by third tri I was so over it, I had lost all of my libido, and just felt huge & ugly!!!

I've heard that intercourse is fine as long as your a low risk pregnancy. Ah well, i'm going to check with doc tomorrow. 8-[

yeah we do about once per week, and we did throughout our last pregnancy with no problems.

as long as i'm not feeling sick we go for it... Dh likes to take every chance he can get when i'm not looking green..... night time is out as i am asleep as soon as i get home.... so we improvise!

i was nervous at first too, but as long as you are not having any complications, it should be fine, we have done it a couple of times and just taken it easy.

Pietta Guest

I was exactly like Ambah. We did it as often as we could!! By 3rd tri though i was too knackered and felt like a hot air balloon so I wasnt feeling sexy either- but Ryley has turned out AOK, but I agree, listen to your body.

I believe its baby dancing?? A nice way of describing "intercourse"!!

Hey Ellen,

There is a thread here that might help you out with some of the abbreviations!

Gwen - I think it`s fine to BD as often as you and DH like as long as you haven`t had any previous miscarriages. BD can`t hurt the baby, they say if you O the baby gets a kick out of it too.

DH and I BD almost every morning, since my pg he seems to have a high libido - I have had spotting after BD on 2 occasions on both occasions it scared me and we didn`t BD for a number of days after, it has all settled down now so it was to do with BD.

Take Care

Deeanne

Oh I forgot to mention that!! Cailin told me once that when you orgasm it feels like a hug to the baby

We went to the doctor yesterday and he said it was perfectly fine to bd as long as we weren't too rough!

Thanks for all the info girls xx