Thread: It's Really There!

Smile It's Really There!

Feeling on top of the world today - we had our first scan (12 weeks) - AMAZING, it is such an amazing sight and absolutely astonishing that this little human being is growing in me!! It was a naughty little bubba though - wouldn't stop moving around and turn into the position needed for the NT test. Had to go for a walk for an hour and come back - luckily that did the trick (for about 5 secs!). Also kept rolling away from us so we saw a lot of its back - a trick from dad i think . Hope this unco-operative behaviour is not a sign of things to come :eek: . Anyway, just wanted to share with everyone - so exciting.

Rachel

Isn't it just so ridiculously amazing, having created something which our bodies grow into other people? Sooooooo amazing!
    Congrats!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

It is amazing when you see it for the first time and realise there really is an alien inside you!!!! lol

Very happy for you Rachel. Hopefully I'll be the same way in 2 weeks time when I have my first ultrasound done.

Oh Rachel, how lovely for you! I simply cannot wait until I have my 12 week scan. I think it's great that the baby was so active (manipulating you already ). Congratulations on a great outcome.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Such an amazing journey you are on.....a very exciting time, Enjoy!

Awww, Its the best feeling in the world hey!!

octavian Guest

Rachel - cool! how excellent.. I can't wait for mine - scan next Thurs, hope everything's all ok in there..

It is seriously amazing! All of you who have your first scan coming up - enjoy it - it's great. Thanks for everyones comments.

Hiya Rach, I am with you girlfriend! I had my first scan last Monday and was truly truly amazed and touched and relieved... and many more emotions! My little one was quite active too and sucking a thumb! What a long wait now to 20 weeks for the next one!
    Nets x

Netty - i know it feels like its ages away - although we had a routine visit with dr today and we got to hear the heart beat via doppler so i'm thinking that should happen every visit so i at least get to hear the little one every 4 weeks - that's pretty exciting.

Rachel that sounds awesome! I am so looking orward to our scan, but its a whole week away still heheh. Cant wait to see the bubba and hear the heartbeat!

Wow, congratulations. We had our second early scan at 7 weeks 5 days to check viability. That in itself was amazing. Although it looked like a jelly bean, we could see its little heart flicking away. Its such an awsome felling to know that something is inside you alive and growing to become a little person. We have another scan in 4 weeks, which sould have been our first, but now our third. By the sounds of it, it will be truely amazing, seeing arms, legs and even it sucking its thumb! Anyone going to have the 3D u/s? Congrats to you all

Minimatron