Thread: jellybeans heart beat

Question jellybeans heart beat

i was just reading that the heart rate should be between 110 and 160.... at my 6 wk scan baby had a hb of 109bpm and at 8 wks it was 173bpm is everything ok? is that irregular or something???

I'd say everythings fine with jellybeans heartbeat.

With Eleanor at 6wks it was 110bpm and at 8wks it was around 160bpm.

I think it speeds up after it first starts beating doesn't it? and then slows down a bit before birth. I'm sure someone would have said something if there was a problem. Good luck with the rest of you pg

If the obs/sonograpger was concerned they would tell you and possibly get you to come back in a weeks time. My bubs showed an irregular hb at my 20 wk scan but when I went back a week later it was fine.

Hey noni
    Everything would be fine honey
    If bub is awake as such too thier heart beat can be a little higher than if they were resting.. one minutes jacobs would be 106 was the lowest (around 10weeks) and when i felt him kicking and stuff later in the pregnancy it was up to 170.
    If you are nervous or excited it releases adrenaline into your body which the Ob told me can sometimes get the baby "excited" too.. in turn causeing the higher heart rate. All they really hear every waking moment is mummies heart beat so it would get them going a bit when yours is going heaps fast.

Good luck honey and take it easy ok!!
    xoxo

Noni, that sounds okay from what I have heard. The heartrate is actually quite rapid and sometimes erratic until the baby develops a bit more and it then becomes more steady and regular.

Don't worry too much. As the others have said, if there was any cause for concern, you would have been told.

thanks guys i am such a worrier lol can't imagine how i will be when baby is actually here lol

clare076 Guest

Please, please, please stop doing internet research, you will drive yourself mad by the time you have this baby. I am sure the hb levels are OK, they will let you know pretty quickly if there is a problem.

i am not doing internet research lol i just read it in a post on bb lol i would be a million times worse if i was doing net research as well as reading things on here...

clare076 Guest

lol, maybe we should put a warning at the start of every thread "read at own risk, may cause un neccesary worrying" Pregnancy can be kind of scary huh.

Noni
    Your babys heart is fine. Normal heart rate is between 110 and 160 but when your baby is sleeping the rate can go down. Also when your baby is very active it can go up. I have seen the heart rate up around 200 for short periods of tine and its was fine.
    If I post anything else that scares you just ask about it

lol sorry guys i just can't help it i wish this nine months would hurry up and i could just hold my baby and know it was all ok