Thread: Just got BFP now what do I do?!

Default Just got BFP now what do I do?!

Hey guys, I just got my BFP this morning, and still very early days. I have booked to go to my doctor this arvo for a blood test.

What else do I do?! Do I get a referral from the doc for an obs? I know the name of one I want to go to - do I ring and book an appointment straight away? Do I ring and book the hospital in yet? (I have heard with private that you need to book straight away).

What else do I do!?! I am already taking folate, but I suppose I shjould change to a pregnant vitamin.

Hope you can help - I feel like I suddenly have no clue... I have gone from knowing EVERYTHING about TTC to feeling like I know NOTHING about pregnancy!

Sal Guest

Hi Apple, congrats! I know EXACTLY what you mean, I'd been TTCing for over 3 years so I felt I was an expert at that, but now feel totally clueless! Going to GP for a BT is a good idea, also good to get a referral ASAP if you have a particular OBS in mind.

=D> =D> =D> Congratulations Apple,
    I would just go see my Dr today & discuss with them the next step as I think often you don't really go again for quite some time...?

But I go Public through my own OB whom is also a bulk billing GP, so I just see him & it's all done via him...

Good Luck!

Sal Guest

Apple, I just had a peek at your FF chart...I think they got it wrong, I think you are 3 days further along than FF says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal
    Apple, I just had a peek at your FF chart...I think they got it wrong, I think you are 3 days further along than FF says.
    Oh god, my heart jumped then, I thought you meant they got it wrong in that I wasn't pregnant :-s !

I thought that a while back too... but I got a postitive OPK after that?

I think I will ask doc to refer me for an ultrasound as soonas possible, because with my loooonog cycles, I suppose I don't know for sure. I definitely cant go by my last period, or I would be almost 6 or 7 weeks pregnant!

Sal Guest

Yep, sounds like a good idea to get a dating u/s (plus you get the benefit of seeing your little bubs). If you get the u/s when you are 6w along you can see the heartbeat, which is mightily reassuring. If you do it sooner than that you may not see it (which won't mean anything wrong, but would be less satisfying IYKWIM).

I would, if I were you, go to your GP, get the bloods done and get a referral for the OB, then make the OB appt.......(usually an OB will then send you the hospital booking-in paperwork........)

Often a GP will advise you on pregnancy vitamins as well: mine gave me a stack of freebie sample packs of Elevit, which was great as they are expensive!!

Thanks guys, well I went to the doc and she has referred me for an ultrasound.... I dont think she believed that I actually know when I ovulated! She asked when my last period was (26th April) and she said "oh dear, well you could be 2 months pregnant" I of course know that is impossible (just need to look at my chart!!)

Anyway, the ultrasound is on Friday, so I will find otu my EDD for sure.... it's an internal - uh oh, the start of it all. Not looking forward to that!! The worst I have ever had is a pap test!

I booked in to obs this arvo too, and he wants to see me around 8 weeks, which is in about 4 weeks.

Cool, it's all happening!!!