Thread: Lack of Cramps/Symptoms?

Default Lack of Cramps/Symptoms?

Ok, now I know I am only early yet but....I have NO cramping/MS or any other symptom of pregnancy for that matter, and I am really starting to worry....With DS I had cramps that didnt quit...MS admitedly from around the 6 week mark...and lots of fuzzy feelings in my belly.....and was heaps hungry all the time too!
    This time I have NOTHING!! Ok, feeling extremely tired, but other than that no symptoms....Did anyone else have lack of symptoms but everything was ok?
    Thanks ladies

LOL! Thanks Brooke It's nice to hear that you have had an easy Preg this time round!
    IKWYM with the MS that doesnt quit LOL! I had nausea all day from the moment I got up to the moment I went to bed....and that was really hard! I might just be lucky this time round too I am just hanging out for my scan in 4 weeks, Thanks again Brooke!

I had cramps a couple days before I got my BFP, but then for about 2 weeks I just felt normal and started worrying about lack of symptoms..... I started having shocking m/s from about 5 and a half - 6 weeks, which lasted a number of weeks. Everything is ok so far. Youve still got plenty of time to get m/s, but of course, I wouldnt wish that upon you for this pregnancy!

He he he Thanks Karina! All the best for the rest of your Preg

Ally - I'm HATING the cramps!!!! They make me feel like AF is about to arrive any minute and the positive POAS was all in my head. I didn't have this with my last pregnancy (not that I remember like this anyway). But other than that - nothing to report. No tenderness, m/s just cramping.

Roll on the HCG monitoring and the early scan for viability

Hi Ally. I had no symptoms either, only threw up twice in the first trimester and only one of those could be classed as morning sickness (the other was dodgy food).

TBH, without the kicking and the sciatica, I could easily forget I'm pregnant (and those have both been T2 things). Well, aside from the lump and the slowly spreading belly button too, but I'm sure I could fob that off as something else if I so desired. As you may know, my Liebling is perfect, so all is well in no-symptom land here!

Thanks Ryn! Glad to hear you have had a great run with your pregnancy! I'm haning out for my 9week scan to set my mind more at ease he he he!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Ally, I didn't have any symptoms whatsoever other than the extreme tiredness with either pregnancy. My m/s doesn't start till T2! There is still time LOL!!!

I'll Look foreward to it Relle, then when it comes I'll be wishing it hadn't LOL!

Percy Guest

I've still had no real symptoms except for fatigue. Oh and my growing belly!!! So I would say you are all ok!

Talking

Hey chicks!

I too have been very nervous this time around.

With Patrick I was off coffee around 5 and half weeks and had m/s and motion sickness etc, fatigue and that fainting feeling.

My second pregnancy was very different, but it turned out to be a partial molar pregnancy and I did have a "bad" feeling about that one.

This time, well it's all over the place!!!:eek:

I've had some days feeling m/s, some days nothing. Some days VERY tired, somedays fine. The one thing that seems to be standard is my afternoons. I feel crap and tired and very light headed and need to lie down a lot. Too bad if it comes on at work!

One thing that made me happy today was for the first time in this pregnancy, I was starving all morning!!! Which to me is "normal" and made me feel less nervous.

I have a really good feeling about this pregnancy, but because of the partial molar pregnancy I had at the start of this year, I have to be closely monitored. So I go for my first scan Thursday week! Boy, am I stressed about that one!!!!!!!!!!

But Ally, I wouldn't worry, my girlfriend didn't feel anything until 9 weeks and then had terrible m/s for 3 - 4 weeks before it stopped as suddenly as it started.

So don't wish it on yourself!

Take care and let us know how you're feeling.

Thank you Ladies.
    Tash, I kind of have that "badW" feeling too, but I guess I will just have to wait and see..what is a molar pregnancy?
    I dont seem starving this time round either....As i was with my first...Although my hormone levels are much higher than they were with DS? and was heaps sick with him, and went off coffee straight away too, so i dont get it!
    Good luck with your scan! All the best!

Hi Ellyboo,

A partial molar pregnancy is very different from a molar pregnancy, but can still cause a lot of medical probs as I found out.

A MOLAR pregnancy is when an empty egg is fertislised. VERY VERY BAD!!! They call it a mole because it burrows in an can cause cancer in other parts of your body. You have to be monitored for the minimum of 12 months and have to be very careful if you want to try again as it can re-occur.

A PARTIAL molar pregnancy is when 2 sperm fertilise one egg. This sends the placenta into a multipling spin! It forms like a bunch of grapes full of blood etc. The baby still develops, but is deformed and dies early on in the pregnancy. The HCG is out of control and this caused me to have a lot throwing up, which I didn't get with Patrick.

I had a 13 week scan and that was the start of the nightmare. I had the D&C and then about 3 - 4 weeks later, I hemorraged. The bad cells of th placenta had grown back and as they form grape like bags of blood, this was what had hemorraged. I had 2 hemorrages before I had another scan to find this mass growing inside and a small cyst forming on my right ovary. So I had another D&C and laproscopy and heaps of weekly bloody tests to monitor the HCG levels. Once I'd had the second surgery all was fine within a month or so.

Like I said, I feel good about this bubba and I didn't about the last one. But I do feel very nervous. To see an ultra sound with a big blob on the screen when you should see a little person with a nice heart beat, is a hard image to get out of your head!

Thanks for the support.

Ohhhh, Tash, What an awful experience for you, that must have been very hard on you...It really is unbelievable what can happen tho isnt it....I had no idea! I should imagine It would be rather rare tho wouldnt it? I wonder if the possibility of this occuring would be lower with IVF cycles?
    Thanks for sharing your story....Usually our instincts are right, so I am sure this time your pregnancy will be fine All the best for your scan, let us know how you go

Thanks Ellyboo,

Yes it was harrowing, and yes it isn't common. Although once you start talking to people about it, you'd be surprised how many people who've had a "m/c" actually had a partial molar pregnancy.

I've been told it's very rare to near impossible for this to happen again. I'm sure it'd be fine this time around, just the bad memories love to rare their ugly heads in my minds eye.

I've had depression and anxiety too, so I'm now nearly off my drugs, which doesn't help. I was offered an ultra sound this week, (5 weeks) but said I was happy to wait that extra week to see the heart beat. And as much as it's killing me too, I know that will be the right decision. I'm just not a patient person!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I doubt very much this would be an issue through IVF as they fertilise the egg for you under the microscope. So they'd know what they were dealing with and only allow one egg per sperm. It just wouldn't happen in that stituation, so if you've had IVF, you're safe from that issue!!

I'll let you know Friday week how I went with the ultra sound. I only work Mon, Wed & Fri's.

Take care!