Thread: Lack of Symptoms - worried

Default Lack of Symptoms - worried

Hi gals

Just a quick question, did you all have sore boobs and or nipples in ur early preganancy stage?

I am nearly 6 weeks pregnant and the only "symptom" i have is on and off heartburn.
    I keep hearing about everyone with sore boobs so i am a bit worried as there is nothing wrong with mine. I also havent been overly tired or sleepy.

Anyways i am a little worried.

Hi Sammy,

I certainly did with both pg, but everybody is different.

If you are lacking 'symptons' give your GP a call and see what they say.

Good luck & I hope everything is ok

Tigergirl1980 Guest

As Jooles said everybody is different. Some people have heaps of symptoms, some people have only a few, some people have none. I had very few and like you worried, but I was assured by lots of BB girls that it was completely fine and they were right. I now count myself one of the very lucky ones to have not suffered as much as some poor girls out there do.

However in saying that, if you are still concerned go and get yourself checked out, at the very least you will have peace of mind and can maybe relax a little.

When i was Preg with DS, I had absolutely NO BOOB PAIN!!!! They didnt even grow LOL! So i wouldnt worry too much about it! Enjoy the lack of symptoms.

Sammy I'm sure its ok, I had practically no symptoms for first 2 or so weeks then when I was 6 and a bit weeks, the all day sickness just suddenly hit me! Oh I'd give anything to have no symptoms again! I was really worried, but I think its all fine.

My first pregnancy I had no signs until 8 weeks and then massive vomitting for ages & ages.... I still had no other symptoms other than that for the first 11 weeks, then I had low BP and fainting issues, never had the sore bb issue.

Second pregnancy I had vomitting starting from 5 weeks and low BP again but no other symptoms.

Like the others have said, it could be nothing & just be the way your PG progresses (one can only hope ) or it could be taking longer to show... if you are concerned at all, go to the GP and get them to check your levels. If anything it will lessen the anxiety.

Hi Sammy,

I am in the same boat as you, am nearly eight weeks and no symptoms. I have been very worried. Everyone keeps saying it is a blessing and to be greatful, but its hard. To try to get through until my next dr visit and scan i have continued to take pregnancy tests every four or five days. It keeps me sane 'cos every time the line is heaps darker than before. I have heard others do this also. I'm sure your pregnancy is just fine but a drs visit and hormone test might reassure you. Goodluck.

please dont worry to much Sammy i know that is easy for me to say but thses pg symptoms can take a while to kick in and it is different for everyone this time around it took me untill at least 7 weeks (and im sure it was more) before my symptoms were strong enough to confirm i wasnt just imagining them give it a couple of weeks and you will be wishing you never had boobs in the first place

At 6w I had no symptoms whatsoever - I didn't even know I was pg! My breasts did the odd pain thing at about 7w, but that was for about 5-10 seconds a day, then stopped that at 8w. I'm now 17w and they've still only grown an inch! Grrr! (Jess, I never had boobs in the first place and I'm cursing the fact I still don't LOL.)

I think I got sleepy around 7-8w, but not noticably more so (just I was determined to find some symptoms so having a nap when I got home, which isn't unusual after a Pit Clinic day, was classed as a symptom) and my one dose of m/w came in just after the 10w mark.

Check out my pregnancy diary on this site if you want to know how few symptoms I had - I could even go for the whole evening without a loo no problems!

Sammy I had not a symptom either! I was soooo boring LOL! The only thing that showed I was pregnant was my bump which I developed very ealy on.

Thanks everyone

I feel a little better now that I know that there are others out there with no symptoms.
    I might do another HPT- might ease my mind...

thanks again

Hi Sammy,

I know how you're feeling. I'm 15 and a bit weeks and I think I've had about 3 cases of morning sickness, two days of weird CM, and nothing else (other than extreme tiredness which could also be my busy and over-doing-it life style!). It is easy to worry but honestly, the percentage of women who actually experience morning sickness is very low. Like the other's said, if you can't stop stressing about it, have a chat with your doc. I had a chat with my Ob at 10 weeks and she told me I must just be one of the lucky ones, gave me an early u/s and sent me on my way. Please try not to stress about it but enjoy the little life growing inside you! (Although for me part of my complaint was that I didn't feel pregnant and that I was missing out!).

Congrats on your pregnancy and a H&H 9 months to you!

MG

Hiya Sammy,
    I am another one who honestly would not know they were pregnant (still) if it weren't for seeing bubs on 2 scans already and, of course, missed periods!! I have been quite worried about my lack of pregnancy symptoms although I often forget I am pregnant as I feel exactly as I did before falling pregnant. It's hard to believe that it's real when you don't feelsick, tired or emotional as that's what you think you're supposed to feel! Anyway, hope you continue to have a wonderful pregnancy.