Thread: for the ladies who wish to breastfeed, it might just be helpful to you too

mummy_in_training Guest

Default for the ladies who wish to breastfeed, it might just be helpful to you too

hi girls

I have been breastfeeding and I am amazed at how i dont have sore nipples or cracked ones (apart from a little crack i got in hospitol whcihc healed quite fast and was not bad enough to hurt when I fed). I reckon it has got to do with the fact I used Bio oil all over my booobs and tummy ( to help prevent stretch marks) every night from week 12. so I just thought maybe it might just work for you girls out there as I thought because I have had surgery on my breast I would be really sore, but I am not and i am putting it down to the oil,

just thougth it might help you girls

Question, do you clean your nipples with anything before you breastfeed - I imagine the taste of bio oil for your baby wouldn't be great?

I never put anything on my nipples & breastfed DD#2 without ever a day of tenderness or any issues what so ever...

Yeah, I was told not to put anything on my nipples, and I haven't had any problems either. Definitely wash it off before bubs latches on, its got yucky ingredients in it. hehe.

I believe that leaving your nipples as are after bubs has fed does something to help protect them and keep them from cracking??