Thread: Lean Cuisine Meals???

Default Lean Cuisine Meals???

Hi all,

I just wanted to see if you thought it was ok to occasionally have these meals while pg? I love the lassagne and have it often if DH is home late - just saves me cooking.

Your thoughts??? Am having it for dinner tonight

With all the crap that's available to eat in the world, I don't see why not! I'm sure plenty of pg women eat these types of meals without even thinking about it.

That said, I don't actually *know* that for a fact, I'm just assuming

so true! I thought, a lot of pg women would eat macdonalds or Hungry Jacks and they are full of crap (*wink* my buger tasted good the other day) LOL

Oh, I was loving those cheeseburgers until I went off meat! I hadn't had Maccas for about a year, then I fell pg and was having one every week LOL! Now my indulgence is chips from the F&C shop!

I have a friend who has eaten a fillet'o'fish a couple of times a week since falling pg (she's now 33 weeks) the thought of which just makes me feel :ms: ! I'm not even sure what is in those things! She did the same with her first bub, and he's just fine

Hi Flossie,

Just had to let you know that I too love the Lean Cuisine Lasagne and had one just the other night. I too assume that there's worst things out there than a frozen Lean Cuisine (well I certainly hope so anyway). I'm also eating Maccas, not all the time but more than I normally would - very strange.

I'm actually feeling a little guilty tonight that I'm not giving my baby the best start because I'm eating so much crap. I have a really bad addiction to lollies and chocolate at the moment too - can't get enough of them, it's terrible. I really need to turn that around as it's getting me down. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though!

Enjoy!!

Kelly xxx

Thanks girls! My lasagne last night was very delicious followed by the rasperry Split icecream I had afterwards!

I just love food at the moment, nothing is putting me off. I think about food all day and bring lots into work with me. It doesn't help that we have a canteen that has the best food just a 1 min walk from my desk! The maccas I had the other day tasted so devine!!! DH had 2 cheeseburgers and he was driving, so when I opened his second to take his pickle out - OUT CAME 2 BIG BITES opps LOL But I figure he had 2 cheeseburgers...he wasn't going to miss 2 bites.

Hey Ladies!

The only thing I would be concerned about with those Lean cuisine meals is the high level of salt. So just to be safe, I wouldn't have them too many times in the one week.

I personally have been craving hot dogs and I don't think you're supposed to eat them when pregnant because they are highly processed. I can't remember, but I didn't crave that sort of thing with Patrick and was off red meat etc with him, but with this bubs, I'm into anything beginning with FOOD!! Except sea food, never liked it before and sure as hell don't like it now!!!

Just be careful of the soft ice creams from shops etc like Wendys. You're not supposed to eat those due the Listeria issue, but what a shame!! YUM!!!

Thank god it's lunch time now, I'm starving!!!!

There are worse things you could be eating! I'd eat it, but obvisouly so would you as you alreday have lol.

The sort of frozen foods I've been advised to avoid are the really processed types - meat pies, chicken nuggets and other processed type foods.

I was previously taken lean cuisines, healthy choices etc to work with me a couple of times a week, so they would be unrefrigerated while I was driving for about 45 mins, then I'd put them straight in the fridge at work, and I'd make sure they were piping hot when I ate them. Does everyone think thats safe?
    Its so hard to have lunch at work cause previously I would buy ham and salad sandwiches and now thats a no-no!

I too have a weakness Fillet-O-Fish but I have come to this assumption with them. They are one of the hopefully safer choices to make. With no premade salad, and just tartare sauce. If the Fillet is cooked fresh & hasnt been sitting made for ages....you could be looking at a safe option for Maccas. A fillet-o-fish has 16.4g Fat & 1400 KJ. So a treat once in a while is my choice. Its actually better then a Hungry Jacks cheesburger which has 18.1g Fat & 1500kj.

I did a whole comparison sheet between Maccas & HJ's yesterday.

I would think Lean cuisines would be ok. But they do have high salt content..as earlier stated.

Jac

i am so jealous of all you ladies who can actually eat something

i have been suffering severe nausea and my diet consists of dry toast, ginger beer and steamed vegies I can't stomach anything else..

anyway, i have heard you shouldn't eat prepared meals like that, but i would have thought if it was heated to piping hot, it shouldn't really matter. The majority of any bugs or germs would die when it was heating up.

I say go for it, if you can stomach it, why not!

I would kill for a peice of chicken from KFC