Thread: List of "must have" baby products?

smelly Guest

Default List of "must have" baby products?

Hi all
    As Christmas is rapidly approaching, some of my very eager relatives are asking me for ideas on what sort of baby products they can buy my husband and I for Christmas. As I'm pregnant with my first baby, I have no idea!
    Does anyone know where I can find a shopping list or article that recommends what items (and how many) you need to purchase before your baby arrives? I've tried searching on the forum, but can't seem to find anything.
    When I say I have no idea, I really mean that I have NO IDEA. Other than a cot, change table, pram and car seat (which are all too expensive for Christmas presents) I wouldn't even know where to start. I assume you need lots of smaller things... but what are they?
    Thanks!

There is a list pinned somewhere..

I am sure a moderator will fix you up with it.

Hi Smelly, :smt039

Welcome to BB and congratulations on your pregnancy.

I have a subscription to the magazine Practical Parenting and they always have a list of items you need and how many of them.

Here is a list of a few things that you will need
    * nappies
    * wipes
    * singlets
    * wondersuits
    * bath products
    * baby wraps
    * powder
    * bibs
    * mittens
    * baby's own towel

HTH's Smelly

Take care Leah

I am sure Babies Galore has a list of items you can get from their catelogue or off their web site.

HERE is one thread

HERE is another

Another one is HERE

Also check out THIS one

smelly Guest

Gee, you gals are quick! Thanks for the speedy replies and for the warm welcomes. Those earlier threads had just the information I was looking for. I'm definitely wearing 'L' plates when it comes to pregnancy and parenting, so your replies are very much appreciated.
    All the best!!

Not sure where you live Smelly, but if there's a Baby Target in your state they have a very comprehensive list (actually it's a bit TOO comprehensive!)
    It helped us a lot as there were things we wouldn't have thought of... I think the most important thing I got was a high change table to save your back. I already had a sore back from labour, and the couple of times I've tried to change Dylan on the floor or a bed really makes me appreciate the change table my mum bought us!!

Also smelly, I just remembered that there is a magazine out called 'Shopping for Baby' which is $9.95 and is a great resource for what to get and compares items against each other.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi Smelly,
    I'm not sure how far along you are or if you've been to your first antenatal appointment but I found the magazine shopping for baby to be really good. It's normally quite expensive to buy from the newsagent but you get it free in your first bounty baby bag that's usually given out by your midwife/obstetrician at your first appointment. If you haven't received one give them a call and see if they have any in stock. I found the info in this bag to be really useful to first time mum's to be.

Our first bub is due in Feb so this year for Christmas and my Jan birthday we are asking for gift vouchers that we can use to buy baby items or for disposable nappies as they can get to be quite expensive over time.

Good Luck
    Sharon

Hi there

If you go onto the Target website there is a list to print out there - that is what i am working off