Thread: A little concerned

catherine Guest

Default A little concerned

Just wanting a bit of advice....I have had a bit of light bleeding the last 2 days (5 weeks pg). Nothing much and quite dark brown in colour. I think I read somewhere that this is 'old' blood and probably nothing to worry about, but can't help worrying. Also wondering if it has anything to do with having sex (if so, won't be doing that again for a while!!). Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Could be just old blood and probably is,but i understand you worrying completely...
    My advice is to try and get as much rest as you can,and book into a dr just to get a checkup...You are better to be safe than sorry as far as i think...
    I dont think it could have anything to do with sex,that is more likely to be spotting if it was from that...
    I hope it clears up for you soon hun...

Catherine, it could possibly be an implantation bleed too - it sounds
    like what I had with Lindsay. I'd say it is only old blood, but if you get really worried, then go and see your Doctor.

I personally would recommend that if you are concerned, call your dr. I had a bad experience from brown bleeding but I was much further along (11w),so it was a bit more concerning then.
    It could be implantation bleeding, but I would have thought it would be a little earlier than now.
    Sex would more than like be red blood I believe as it can be abrasion of the cervix, so it wouldn't be old blood.

I hope everything is fine

Hi Catherine i had the same thing, but mine was a tiny tiny amount only when i wiped their was a slight streak of brown blood, it happened between 51/2 and 71/2 weeks, my Dr said it was quite normal but because i am a worry wort he booked me in for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and it came up fine they just found the smallest amount of blood below the sac, so tiny it was a hairline, the sonographer that it could of happened when the baby burrowed into the uterus and sure enough 1 week later it completely stopped and my obs said that i was 95% going to have this this baby now i am 11 weeks and feeling great except for morning sickness. I am sure everything will be ok but do keep an eye on it!! Roslyn

Percy Guest

I don't want to alarm you but brown discharge was the first sign of my miscarriage at about 5 1/2 weeks. I would call you doctor if I were you.

Hi Catherine

It is quite common to have some slight spotting early in labour. If it is more than spotting or it lasts for more than a couple of days then you should get it checked out.

Catherine is all ok?

catherine Guest

I think everything is okay.....haven't had any spotting all week. Have first appointment with midwife on Tuesday, so fingers crossed. Thanks for all the advice.

:hugs: Catherine... it's such a horrible thing to experience... Good luck with your appointment. Make sure that you tell the midwife about it and ask how you can go about getting an early u/s to check things out.

Good Luck