Thread: A little concerned - bleeding/cramps

Default A little concerned - bleeding/cramps

Hi all,
    things have been going fairly well, though I'm a little neurotic about bleeding and cramps due to having had a m/c at 6 weeks a couple of years ago. A week ago I woke upin the morning and had just a couple of spots, but then nothing else. Saturday morning I had enough brown blood to cover the t/p after the toilet, and then now this evening I have some red spots again. I've been crampy right through this pregnancy, but very rarely is it severe, and there's been no clots. Should I go to the doctor tomorrow? I'm concerned, but don't want to be a nuisance.

Lisa xx

paradise lost Guest

If you're worried go in. It's their job to look after you, nothing about this process makes you a nuisance to them. They are paid WELL to care for you and bubba.

H

Hi Lisa
    I think it would be a good idea to get checked. No one will think that you are a nuisance.

:doctor: Good to get these things checked , peace of mind. Never think you are being a nuisance .All the best for your pregnancy.

I'd say go and get it checked out.... it can't do any harm.

Well, quick update, no more bleeding or spots or anything, which is a relief. I've realised that most of my cramping is related to my more frequent..waste elimination? I have a Dr appointment booked for next Friday, so I think I'll just wait till then. My symptoms are all still strong, no clots, and everything seems quite calm and pleasant atm (except for my m/s which had been only evenings but now is raging all day long).

Lisa xx

I had bleeding could be a small subchorionic collection thats what caused my bleeding anyway, they did a u/s to confirm it was that and that it wasn't anything else and did a blood test for my hormone levels in the mean time to make sure it was still going up

What blood group are you? If you are a negative you may require those d-injections just incase

I'm AB+, so no worries there. I'm feeling okay now...except that my mother just told me this evening that she won't look after the baby one day a week so I can work..so basically, I have no idea how we're going to survive. We have a debt that costs us $1000 per month..without some income from me we can't survive. I'm really stressing. The thing about childcare is that I have no idea what it will cost, and am worried once I pay for it, it won't be worth going to work and we'll still be stuck. And because I work as a casual teacher, I have no idea sometimes when I'll be working, and sometimes I'll work two weeks straight, and then the next few weeks only one day a week, or none. I may need to be able to drop the baby in to the centre in the morning with no notice, or almost no notice. Is this what occasional childcare means? I hope so, because there's one right around the corner from our house. Gahh!

Sorry, I've gone right off-topic with this now. If anyone has any advice or information..it'd be greatly appreciated.

Lisa xx
    Last edited by Acria; May 10th, 2007 at 09:57 PM.

paradise lost Guest

You could DO childcare in your home? As a childminder? THat way your bubs wouldn't feel like and "only" and you'd have income doing what you'd have been doing anyway but with an extra kid or 2? Dunno how much you'd make or what you'd need to do as i'm in the UK and the rules will be different, but you could check it out...?

Or maybe work in the evenings so DP can look after bubs?

H