Thread: Longer wait than expected...

Default Longer wait than expected...

Hi Everyone,

Well I had my first Ultrasound this morning. Very happy to say everything went well and saw the lil heartbeat.

We went in there thinking I was 8 weeks pregnant but they actually told me I'm only 5 weeks and 5 days! It's all very confusing but the doc said as my cycle was longer than usual (34 day cycle) and the size of our lil bub was only 3.5mm that's how she worked it out. Oh well we'll have to wait longer than we thought for our bub to arrive.

Has this happened to anyone else?

That is a big difference, most of the time it is only a week or so. Although I have a 33-34 day cycle and I have to add 6 days onto my EDD by LMP, but that still only puts you a week behind, not over two weeks.

With my son, I was only 16 weeks at my 18 week ultrasound. But they didnt tell ME that until I went back for a second one! I spent 2 weeks worried my bub wasnt growing properly.

But they must have gotten it right in the end, cuz he was born just 2 days over his due date!

This happened to me. I thought I was nine nearly ten weeks, but the scan showed me that I was only 7 weeks.