Thread: Losing Weight in the 1st Trimester?

Default Losing Weight in the 1st Trimester?

Hi all,

Has anyone felt like they have lost weight in the first trimester? I am 6 weeks and when I got up this morning and looked in the mirror......I just looked a lot skinnier!!! I have been eating really badly this week with Melb Cup and a few dinners with friends so I wouldn't have thought I would have lost weight.

Weird????

Yep i lost about 3-4 kilos in the first 8-9 weeks. Normal

Yep, I'm 11w and I've so far lost 4 kgs, most of it in the last 3 weeks. I'm figuring that when I enter that magical 2nd trimester ( !) I will start to eat more, vomit less (hopefully not at all LOL!) and put on some weight. Never thought I'd be saying that!

kellybells Guest

I am 12 weeks pregnant and lost 5 kg I it is scarey. I have been doing the right things eating healthy and regularly but boy the morning sickness got me. Its been gone since week ten but still haven't put on any weight. Any way I have quiet a few kg to loose any way.

Hi,

I'm week 7, and have lost about 2kg at this stage with no nausea past a slight tummy turn not drastic enough to get out of bed or anything at this stage.

I figured it was because of the lack of alcohol which is quite high in energy!...also, our metabolisms are much faster now... I feel warm to the touch all the time these days.

Seems weight loss in not uncommon at all for us T1s.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, with the morning sickness I lost around 10 kilos all up through out my pregnancy and didn't show until I was around 8 months. I think everyone's bodies react differently. Some women start to gain weight straight away and others hardly gain much at all and only carry around the extra fluid and actual baby weight which they lose soon after giving birth. Others battle to lose the baby weight for years to come. I think it's a hit and miss thing, lol.

I haven't had any morning sickness, just nausea and at my last appt around 2 weeks ago, I was 4kgs under my pre pregnancy weight.
    I haven't gained any weight yet... All through this pregnancy I have lost weight... I am doing nothing different either... I am just drinking more water etc. I am a larger girl so I've had the weight there to lose, even if it has gone without me trying.

Yes, I lost about 5 kg.. but I was horribly sick with all-day-sickness and could barely keep any food down at all. I had put back on that weight by about 19 weeks and I think so far I have gained 2 or 3 kgs above my pre-pregnant weight.

I didn't have any morning sicknedd & still lost weight. Seems to be very common.

I lost 3kgs between weeks 8 and 10. DH reckons I'm still losing weight from bits of me that were carrying a little extra weight before I got pg, but I reckon the baby weight would be starting to put that back on now.

WEll, I dont think I've lost any weight, but it has moved has moved to my boobs!!
    Enjoy it, so long as your drinking plenty of fluid and eating well, there should be no problem.

Debbie Lee Guest

I didn't weigh myself during pregnancy but I reckon I must have lost weight in the 1st and some of the 2nd Trimester just from being sick (off my food) and vomitting.