Thread: Low Energy, KEMH & Tuna

Question Low Energy, KEMH & Tuna

Hi...

I thought I'd consolidate my questions into the one thead

Firstly, I am absolutely buggered and am finding I have no energy to do anything. I know this is a typical symptom of pregnancy and while I'm not after a miracle cure, does anyone have any suggestions to keep the energy levels up? I eat well with lots of iron and I was thinking of buying those pregnancy supplements from Elevit and Blackmores?! I'm just worried cos there are times that I am absolutely shaking and can't find the strength to lift up my 6 month old

Secondly, I had my DS at King Edward Memorial Hospital in Perth and I had to have an emergency c-section but this time round I'm hoping to do a VBAC. I was wondering if anyone knows whether I will still see the midwives or the doctor at the hopspital clinic??

Lastly... am I able to eat canned tuna? I'm really craving tuna salad sandwiches

Thanks everyone! xoxoxo

Hi babycoolz,

I can only help you with two of your questions...firstly, the first trimester is an amazing energy drainer!! I think you are probably feeling it more this time around because you are looking after a little one and it is not long ago that you were pregnant!! You probably never got back to a completely energized state!! I have found for myself, with each pregnancy the 1st tri gets more and more exhausting and I have managed to have 2 lots of my babies very close together also. It can't hurt to take a supplement but I don't imagine there is anything, other than lots of rest, that will help restore some of your energy until the 2nd tri. Don't do things too hard because the next day you pay for it in tiredness.

As for eating tinned tuna...I'm living on it! Can't get enough of it.

All the best with the vbac question..

Lynnette x

Babycoolz - i also have no idea about the VBAC q.
    Re energy, i think a supplement would help, but i found i also had to slow myself down and listen to my body - i did get more energy in 2nd tri but i am still more tired and need to go easier than usual. try having little snacks as well as blood sugars can affect tiredness.
    re tuna - i ead about limits somewhere due to mercury, i think a couple of tins a week ok but not too much more than that and if you have tuna limit other high merc fish e.g. flake.

Thanks everyone for all ur advice - good news about the tuna. So so happy

ok. as far as being tired all the time...just try and rest as much as possible. thats the best advice I can give!

I am pretty sure you can eat canned tuna, I have been craving it with this pregnancy, I eat it 2-3 times a week.

I had a c-section with my last baby, and am having a vbac at armadale/kelmscott hospital and I will be under the care of midwoves and doctors there. dont know about kemh though. You might want to call them and ask. good luck

ej_1974 Guest

you can defintely eat tuna and now you've made me want a tuna s/w too!
    definitely rest as much as you can and i would recommend taking the elevit as they have iron in them which is really good when pg plus loads of other goodies, but I am not sure about the other one you mentioned.
    as for c-section I have no advice here, sorry! and hope your energy levels return soon.