Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low HCG

Red face Low HCG

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else had low HCG levels at the start of their pregnancy ???? If so was it a good outcome ??

I have been told today that i am pregnant but not to be telling everyone just yet because my HCG level is a bit low, or slow starting or something like that. I had a test last Thursday and my level was 30 and i think i was 15 DPO and then i had a test again today and my level was 99 and i am about 20 DPO.

Dont know wether to get my hopes up or not !!

Hoping someone else has had a similar experience to share and maybe put my mind at rest that this may still work out to be a healthy pregnancy.

Cheers
    Char

YES I had the same thing. The IVF Clinic told me that i was preg but levels were very low and to come back in a few days to have another (They told me not to get my hopes up). Well, it was still heaps low a few days later, but it had doubled. As long as the levels are going up, doubling or trippling, it is a good sign. Try not to worry! Good Luck
    BTW preg all went well for us and now have beautiful DS. And I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now, in fact i have happy tears for you. I was also told at the 6week scan, that if there is a heartbeat, the preg has a 95% chance of going thru as a norm healthy preg. Fingers crossed for you

Sometimes the little tykes can be slow starters but end up going great guns. My first BT was also low but had doubled when the test was repeated two days later. We were lucky enough to go on to have a healthy pg too. I hope the same happens for you! Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Mel

THANK YOU soooo much both of you for the great stories. I know they say dont get your hopes up but i have been trying for sooooo many years now i just cant help it.

Its FANTASTIC to know that this one may still work out fine Im gonna take it easy and do everything i can to try and make it work !!!!

Hey EllyBoo72 i noticed you are from Adelaide, did you go through Repromed at Dulwich?? Thats where im going, seeing Dr Christine Kirby. They are fantastic there.

Thanks again for the info girls, i know i shouldn't be but im sooooo EXCITED

Cheers
    Char

Char - hello and congrats! your HCG levels sound fine, mine at 14 DPO were 48 and at 20 dpo were around 90 and I am now 28 weeks pregnant! wishing you all the best on your next BT when is the next HCG BT to check your levels?

Bel
    xxx

Hi Cee Jay
    Yes, we went thru Repromed and had Dr Stanzerwics (not sure on spelling) He has left now though. I have seen Dr Kirby on a few occasions. Paula was a lovely Nurse. When do you have your next Bloods?

Keep us Posted on your progress. Good Luck PM me if you want to chat or whatever!

Keep having the HCG monitored and hope for the best. I had low HCG numbers, along with two other ladies with exact numbers as them for the first couple of weeks. Out of the three of us, one has a healthy baby boy now. Fingers crossed yours becomes a positive story too.

THANKS everyone for your good wishes. Im taking it sooo easy, im going to do everything i can to make this successful.

Today i have been getting a few cramps (nothing really painful) but i have been reading that can be totally normal and lots of people actually get AF type cramping even up to 10 - 12 weeks. Im trying not to worry but everytime i feel even a twinge i start to panic. I guess i need to remember my little peanut needs to burrow in nicely and my uterus needs to be stretching and making room, so im praying all the cramps and twinges are just that

EllyBoo72 - i would LOVE to chat to you more but i tried to PM you and i keep getting told i cant do that ???? any idea why ??? Maybe i could just give you my email address ( is that allowed ??)

Bin123 - You have no idea how happy i was to read your post. Looks like i started out slower than you but have caught up nicely. Lets hope things stay going up and i have a happy successful pregnancy like you.

I have been starting to worry because i dont seem to have HEAPS of symptoms, but maybe thats because my levels are low and i guess not everyone gets symptoms during their pregnancy.

I have to be patient for 1 more week. I am having another BT next Monday to check my HCG, and if it has gone up nicely i will have a scan on Tuesday to see if everything is looking ok.

Hope you are all well

Cheers
    Char

hey char, my bt was 5 today so i hope i can keep growing with you

Ohhhhhhh i REALLY hope so Danni i have everything double tightly for you. I was soooo excited for you when i read your post.

You hang in there because im gonna need a pregnancy buddy, so take it easy. No overdoing it. Get lots of rest and keep me updated. When do you have your next test ???

Cheers
    Char

Char - I hope it all goes well and that the levels keep getting higher
    - You too Danni

har, i got a bfp hpt last night but bfn this morning on fmu! my temp dipped, i threw up and my spotting is back.

what the hell is going on with me? i so badly wanna join you too missy!

Char

I had really low HCG levels with all of my PG's!

With DD#2 it was so low at 6w that she said that I wasnt PG, I knew that I was, I demanded that I keep having the BT to check and they werent increasing like normal either, she was pretty negative about the whole thing and I didnt get a BFP on a HPT until 12w, talk about frustrating, but I got a healthy baby at the end.

Best wishes to you

dinky: do you know what your levels were?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Char,

firstly I had no pg symptoms until I was 7 weeks, so don't worry about that.

Also I'm afraid only Platinum Members have access to PMing, but you can post your email address on here. However I suggest that if you post it on here, once you've connected with Ellyboo72, that you edit your post and delete it so that you don't get unsolicited emails, if that worries you.

CeeJay how are things going ?
    Have they done another BT to see how your levels are going ?

Cee Jay,

I didnt have any Preg symptoms at all, in fact i felt like i was Def getting Period. I actually had the small cramps too. I had no sickness until 6 weeks. Breasts did not change at ALL, no tenderness, no size inc etc etc.

How is everything going?
    Hope all is well.

Hi guys

Firstly Dinky, i could have just kissed u when i read ur post. Its sooo reassuring to know that others have had the same type of situation and things have worked out fine. !!!!

Danni - How r things going with you ??

Michelle - im having another blood test on Monday (26th) and providing that my levels have been rising, i will have a scan on Tuesday ( which i think will be 6wks & 6 days ??? if i have worked it out correctly ?) Cant wait, i just have a feeling that its going to be okay, hoping im right !!!

EllyBoo72 - Disregard what i said about no symptoms !!! lol I have the sorest bbs in Australia !!! lol They are looking much fuller and darker ( sorry TMI hehe ) I have heartburn, im living on the toilet, i keep getting hiccups and they last few mornings i have been feeling a little queasy, but each day feels a little worse than the one before. Hope these are all good signs. I have been getting some unusual feelings and some cramping which i have been REALLY worried about. Sometimes it feels like AF cramping but not exactly, but everyone assures me that cramping can be quite normal so im trying to take their word for it. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sushee - thanks for your help with the PMing !! didnt realise i could become a platinum member, i will have to look into that. Hows little Charlie ??

Hope you are all well

Cheers
    Char

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast