Thread: Low Hcg levels and Slow rising-HELP!!!!

MandieB Guest

Unhappy Low Hcg levels and Slow rising-HELP!!!!

Hello, I'm new here but I need some advise. I found out on 12/11/06 that I was pregnant. I took a test at I had a faint line. So I made an appointment with the doc and they also confirmed. All was well untill the 12/15/06 I had some brown spotting, I FREAKED out and went to the ER well there was going to be a LONG wait so I called my Doc and they got be in. Now at the time of the 15th my last period was Nov 5th, so that was making me approx 6 weeks. So we took some blood and my levels came back at only 55, just 55. So I wasn't 6 weeks like we thought.I had an internal u/s and they just say that my uteris was thickening. It was too early. So I have been giving blood every 2-4 days. Here are my numbers.

1st day-55
    2 days later-145
    4 days later-136
    3 days later-217
    4 days later-221
    4 dyas later-266.

So as you see my numbers aren't doubling. And are real low. I was just wondering if anyone has had low numbers and still had a healthy baby. Also I have had no cramps and the times that my numbers go up I am bleeding. The bleeding starts brown then goes to dark red. At times there are clots. Also do you think I might have a problem with Progesterone? Should I ask my doctor about this? By the way, I'm 25 years old and this is my first pregnancy. If you know of any good or bad news please let me know, I've been on the fence for about 3 weeks now. My doctor will say you are misscarrying then well maybe your not.

Mandie, i would ask for another ultrasound so they can see what is happening and you will know one way for sure what is going on.

Mandie, I"m sorry to hear you are having a stressful time with this pregnancy.

Like Michelle said, you should ask for another u/s, especially with the bleeding you are describing. From your post, I understand it would have been over 2 weeks since your last ultrasound? They should definately be able to see something by now.

I bled until around 14 weeks with this pregnancy, large clots at times and bright red blood, but my bubba is fine. I had a bleed in my uterus that caused this. So bleeding doesn't always mean bad, but certainly that coupled with your HCG levels, I would be demanding an ultrasound asap so you can know what's going on.

I've done the waiting whilst bleeding, it's horrible to not know what's going on and hanging in limbo - you have every right to be getting another scan.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Mandie, the other girls have given good advice. It is hard to say what will happen and sometimes the doctors are not sure either. It can be just a matter of "wait and see" unfortunately which is no help to you.

I did have a low hcG too and went on to have a healthy baby but I also didn't experience any bleeding. I wish you best of luck and hope that you will soon have an answer, one way or the other. Stay in touch with us.

Hi there, go back to your doctor , fingers crossed.

Hi there. I really think it would be best to try and get an ultrasound and see what exactly is happening. I did have low numbers that did not double either and went on to have a healthy little Sammy. I too had some early bleeding at around 6 weeks but no clotting as such. I wish you the very best.

Jo

MandieB Guest

I have an appointment at 11:00. I'll let you all know what happens. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond back. I am so worn down. Have a geat day!

MandieB Guest

Well I just got back, bascially the doctor told me that he thinks I'm miscarrying because of the bleeding and low numbers. He told me that even though they are rising that he thinkgs it's the placinta. He told me to have an ultrasound on Wednesday and I gavve more blood today. So I'm still where I was 3 weeks ago. I'll keep you all posted.

Oh Mandie, that's hard. I'm sorry. Sometimes a miscarriage can take a while to happen and that doesn't make it very easy on you. I hope you can find some help and support on the forums during this difficult time. There are many lovely ladies here who have been through something similar and perhaps they can offer you some words of wisdom. The only thing I can say is that a miscarriage is nobody's fault and they don't happen because of something you have done or haven't done. They just happen because there are so many opportunities for things to go askew during conception, fertilisation, implantation etc. All of this doesn't help you much at the moment though, I'm sure.

Look after yourself and let us know how things go.
    Last edited by Melbo; January 6th, 2007 at 07:00 AM.