Thread: Lower than normal heartbeat at 6wks?

mummytobeinnovember Guest

Default Lower than normal heartbeat at 6wks?

Hi, I had my first scan today, I was feeling anxious as I had a miscarriage in January but was elated to see a gestational sac, yolk sac and even a baby bean pole. The first day of my last period was Feb 19 so I had put myself at 7 weeks, but the ultrasound puts me at 5wks and 5 days which is odd, has this happened to anyone else?

More concerning, the heartbeat was 84bpm which is low so now I'm feeling even more anxious. Has anyone experienced this in their scans?

Thankyou!

Hi,

My early scan put my back about the same amount. Sorry I'm not sure on the heartbeat I hope everything will be ok and someone can give you some better info soon. what did the sonographer say? Maybe call your dr to make an appt. tomorrow so you don't have to spend time worrying?

Possibly you ovulated later in your cycle? Are you just basing your estimate on the date of your last period? If so then you'd probably find you just ovulate later in your cycle. Unless you know from observation of CM, charting or OPK's when you actually ovulated I wouldn't be worried A heart rate of 84bpm would actually then be fine for 5w5d. From memory the heart starts beating at about 5w4d and starts off at around 85bpm - it gradually increases over the next couple of weeks.
    Congratulations btw!!

mtbin, So glad Tobily could be more helpful Congratulations!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I had a scan at 6 weeks 4 days and FHR was 100bpm 2 weeks later it was 150bpm so they can speed up.

Congratulations

I had a u/s done at 6 weeks and 5 days and the heart beat was only 110 or something like that. But they say it is most likely because its just started beating (normally round 6-7.5 weeks) so at such an early stage its completely normal. Like feeb said they speed up within no time, Congrads on your pregs btw.

My early scan put me as 6 days behind LMP, but I know I ovulated CD 19 not CD 14 as text book, and now my scans are spot on for ovulation date.

If there was a problem with the heartbeat they would of said something

Congrats!