Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M/S...? Morning Sickness?

Default M/S...? Morning Sickness?

Hi ladies.

I'm currently 5 weeks pg and so far, the closest I've come to morning sickness is being queasy on and off and a bit of dry heaving in the morning. Not really having morning sickness makes me wonder sometimes if I'm still pg.

Just wondering who in here went through pregnancy without having any morning sickness?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Don't stress Annee, I was exactly the same. No spewing or anything, well only the odd occasion when there was a foul smell but not your average morning sickness. I worried too but as you can see from my ticker I'm almost there

Hope that makes you feel better.

thanks Tigergirl

it does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone.
    I'll try not to worry (although at times it is a little difficult not to), and hopefully, my pregnancy will progress well and I can look forward to having a healthy boy or girl in late January 2006.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm glad that you feel better. It is hard not to worry, I still do it and I have been over the biggest hurdles now.

Default reply

Hate all you people who never got morning sickness just kidding-uuummm. #-o

I had it from 5 weeks until the day I gave birth to my daughter, whose now 3 (selling her on ebay if anyones interested?) :-$
    And was sick from 5 weeks with my 7mth old son till 26 weeks.

Good luck hey if you're worried, take another preggers test-why not?

Melinda Guest

Annee,

My m/s didn't kick in until 7w on the knocker (Christmas Day!) and it was just constant nausea. I didn't actually start vomiting until 11w and it continued until 23w!! I don't wish that upon you!

So m/s may still strike you, but it's a good thing if it doesn't as it's pretty unpleasant! (although I know it's reassuring!)

Sal Guest

Hi Annee, I'm 7wks exactly today, and I haven't even had the slightest queasiness. Yes, I worried about not having it (not that anyone really wants it, just to feel pg) but have now decided that not having it would be better!

I am one of four kids and my mum told me last night she didn't get the slightest m/s in any of her four pgs.

So take heart!

Hey, you're due in Jan, you should join us in the pg belly buddies Jan thread, we are a real bunch of chatterboxes, and we discuss symptoms (or lack thereof) all the time.

I Am the same - bit of nausea and dry retching in response to smells, but as far as M/s is concerned, pretty minimal really!!

It may seem hard at the moment, but reading some of the other girls comments about how bad and LONG their M/S was, I think we are pretty lucky, LOL!!

Happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Custardtart Guest

Please don't worry AT ALL if you aren't nauseous, I'm on my third pregnancy and I haven't had morning sickness for any of them, it's just the luck of the draw. The closest I get is that some mornings I just don't feel like facing food, no matter what it is it looks and smells unappealing.
    With my first pregnancy the smell of dinner cooking did make me nauseous, so I used to prepare the meal in the morning and put it in the fridge to reheat at night, but never any vomiting.

Enjoy your luck!

Kerrie

Kirsty77 Guest

I also didn't have bad m/s at all.I had all day nausea, no vomiting, from about week7-14......but now I've starting vomiting on the odd occasion in the morning....weird how it all works!

Annee,

I've had no m/s AT ALL - not even feeling queasy! The only thing I noticed was sometimes feeling hungry, but not feeling like eating any particular food (i.e. before I was pg, when I was hungry I'd feel like eating a big steak or bowl of pasta or something in particular IYKWIM)

I agree, it is a little disconcerting as even now I still haven't felt pg at all and I find it hard to believe sometimes that there is so much going on inside my tummy!! But my OB said I'm just one of the lucky ones, so I just keep telling myself that...

As Kerrie said, just enjoy being lucky!

Bertie

I only had about 1 day of nausea with my pregnancy with Kameron. I remember that one day cause I had just started at a chocolate factory and thought it was the sickly smell in there making me feel ill. So I quit. I didn't know I was pregnant lol.

With lachlan I had a few more days of nausea and threw up once that was it.

Love

well i feel constantly queasy, smell of gas or other fumes make me gag, my stomach feels like i haven't eaten for four days - overall kinda like being on one of those rides at dreamworld that just goes round and round and round and round....

so far i haven't thrown up or really even felt like i've needed to - but despite this i feel so sick its hard to concerntrate. it doesn't help when i feel so exhausted all the time either and yet can only sleep for five hours at a time.

oh i also keep on smelling strwberry rollups (yum) - don't know why, there are none in the house - nor have there ever been for that matter. DH just thinks i'm going crazy.

don't stress too much everyone and then every pg for some people is different - i was rushing to the loo at just over four weeks... trust me don't ask for it!!!

I didn't really have much m/s but I did get queasy from time to time. I just had a quck munch on a biscuit and felt much better.
    I did go off the smell of raw meat and always thought it smelt bad which made my stomach lurch a bit.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

With my second bub, I had morning sickness from 11-13 weeks - don't understand that! I thought I had escaped it. I was also worried about not getting any symptoms as I had lots with Marisa, but I guess next time I wont be so stressed and hope I am lucky enough to have none again
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

You considering #3 already Kel!

Woo Hoo! Join me in the "Tear Your Hair Out" Club!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

hahahah yeah I have been thinking that for a while, but don't worry I am well primed for tearing my hair out. Both of them have fits when I am on the computer or in my office, so it's very frustrating trying to get any work done! Three babies, one hubby (makes up for two babies) two businesses and no hair - sounds just great
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast