Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maternity Bras

I wish the hot milk range came out in my size! They look so pretty!

I love the Elle McPherson bra's they are BRILLIANT!!

I went and got fitted for one yesterday, and was told I would be around a 12B, and the smallest and only one in the shop was a 12C. Tried it, looked like it had a bit of room for me to still grow (which I only started doing recently too), but when i got home and put it on this morning I'm not happy with it at all. It is a hot milk one, hlaf lacey, half satin like and where they join you can see the seam under my shirts! I think it is way too big for me, so will have to return it in a weeks time when I am back near the shop that is 2 hours away! Hope they will give me my money back as they didn't have any other sizes below the 12c so store credit wont help me out there.
    The lady who fitted me said that by the end of the first trimester you should have done the majority of your growing, which just confused me as I think I'm still swelling up a bit? So who knows?

Nic

Hi Nic,

Don't stress about the size thing and if you aren't happy with what they sold you you are entitled to your money back. Ring them first and ask if they could order you a 12B and explain that you aren't happy with the one they sold you.

Then when you go to see them they should have your preferred size and you can try it on and compare. Otherwise I think you are supposed to swell lots just before you give birth and just after when your milk comes in, so chances are you will still get bigger. I haven't been pregnant before so I can't confirm this - perhaps other mothers could?

Hope that helps!

hey mummytummy , i dropped back into the store when I was there the other week and was served by another woman. I explained how I had been fitted for the bra, but when I got home I wasn't happy with how it fit and with how the seam showed up under my shirt. Well, she was less than happy with me, old cow! Told me that because there was a join there, of course it would show up under my clothes. Said she would exchange it for a different brand for me and directed me towards the bras I had previously been shown that had nothing smaller than 14's. I said "Oh they won't fit, you don't have anything smaller than a 12C there do you? So she looks me up and down and snarls at me "You're not a 12C, your at least a 12D" Told her I was only going by what one of the other women there had told me when they measured me up, she seemed even more impressed after that. Anwyay, got a different bra, it's ok, not totally happy with it, but it's better than my old bras.
    Only have the 1 at the moment, will have to go and get another couple soon.

Nic

Hey Nic,

What a cow!!! I would have kicked up a fuss at that.... how rude. Just don't go back to that shop if you can help it to get new bras! It is really not hard to be nice to someone and not be insulting!

At least you found something for now. I am really angry for you! It is one of my pet hates - people who work in customer service industries with very poor customer service. I would even get on the HotMilk website and complain about that retailer - they might want to know what kind of service people are getting at one of their stockists, because it ultimately reflects on their brand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12