Thread: Is Maxlon ok to take in the 1st Trimester?

rebecca27 Guest

Default Is Maxlon ok to take in the 1st Trimester?

Im 6w5ds pg and have real bad all day m/s. Im tired and sick all day at work and i cant do anything when i get home as im the same. My doctor has assured me that its ok to take now but im still not sure. Has anyone taken this and has everything turned out ok??

Rebecca - I too had godawful morning sickness from 7wks through til 17wks. I was prescribed Maxalon (plus Panadeine Forte to balance out the codeine) to try and help with it.

I was nervous too about taking it, but I believe that Maxalon is a 'Group A' drug which means it is perfectly safe during pregnancy provided you follow the instructions from your GP/chemist.

Oh, and I haven't quite had my bubs yet but she appears fine after I took that medication for over 2 months.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I've only just been prescribed Maxolon last week after horrendous morning sickness for the past 5 months. If your dr has prescribed it for you then it should be safe. You can always give the chemist a ring and ask about any medication your unsure about. This is what i did when i was prescribed some antibiotics and then took a cheaper brand at the chemist forgetting that i was pregnant, lol. All class A drugs are safe for use during pregnancy.

Hope you feel better soon
    Sharon