Thread: Maxolon during pregnancy

katie111 Guest

Default Maxolon during pregnancy

Hi there,

Has anyone taken Maxolon while they were pregnant? I hit 6 weeks and became so sick with morinig sickness I couldn't eat. I wasn't vomiting, it was just the thought of eating that made me feel violently nauseous. After 5 days of barely being able to get out of bed I called my ob and he wrote me a script for Maxolon. I know he wouldn't have perscribed it if it wasn't safe but I'm still a bit uncertain.

Fire Fly Guest

Yes its fine to take while pg.

Short but sweet, lol.

Jacky Guest

You poor thing! MS sucks doesn't it

I have had really bad MS with this pregnancy,not as bad as what i had when i was pg with DD#1,but still horrible,i have a 20 month old to look after also eeekkk.

I have been takng it from about 6 weeks until now,not everyday but if i need it,i have it.My dr also suggested sipping coke throughout the day,and that has helped me heaps! I just open a can at breakfast (ewww) have a sip,then take a sup whenever i feel queasy,this has helped me heaps.

HTH
    Jacky

Yup, as the other girls have said; Maxolon is completely safe to use in pregnancy if prescribed by a GP and you follow those instructions. I too had terrible M/S from 6wks to 16wks and during that time Panadeine Forte & Maxolon were my best friend! *L* I believe it falls within 'A' group medications which are safe in pregnancy.

I took it also from 7 weeks to about 12 weeks... It is the main one recommended by the Womens and Childrens here in Adelaide - they wouldn't prescribe it if it wasn't completely safe.

As the other girls have said it is safe to take while pg. Plus your OB wouldn't have give you a script for it if it wasn't safe for you and bubs!!!

Jen Schuster Guest

My OB said it was safe for me to take - but I didnt end up using it. I chose to use natural remedies instead.
    Hope the MS goes away soon. It is such an aweful side effect of PG
    Goodluck
    Jen

katie111 Guest

Thanks for your responses. Feel much more at ease about taking Maxolon.

kerry Guest

I have only just been prescribed it and only because I just keep loosing weight (not that I can't afford to).

It is perfectly safe to use and compared to the ulternative (going to hospital to be stuck on a drip) a much better option for maintaining a normal existence.

christie_greig Guest

If it is safe like you all safe then what would my GP's reason be for not prescribing it to me?? And the hospital I've been going to also said No they wouldnt give it to me.

I have been sooooo sick through this whole pregnancy, low b/p, low temp, dehydration due to bad m/s. It's driving me insane. I'm now almost 16wks and still no relief from m/s.

I just dont understand why my Gp and Hospital say no when everyone on here seems to be given it without a second thought.

Christie, my GP who also has training and has worked in obstretrics prescribed Maxolon for me saying it was completely safe in pregnancy... I wonder why yours wont give it to you? Did he/she give a reason? I got some when I was about 8 wks and I told my GP I literally hadnt been able to keep down a single meal in 2 weeks and I was dehydtrated and constipated because I couldnt eat or drink anything without throwing up 5 minutes later. I lost 5 kg too. I just asked if there were any "anti-vomit" drugs around and he just gave me a script for maxolon.

Ask another doctor!

Some people also swear by ginger. Maybe you could give that a go. Blackmores makes one called Morning Sickness Formula or something like that, and it contains ginger.