Thread: Miscarriage how did you know?

Default Miscarriage how did you know?

What happens when did you know?

Miscarriage can happen in different ways.
    Some start with spotting then go on to heavy bleeding.
    You can get cramps.
    Sometimes if you are around 8-12wks you might only get slight spotting but that doesn't mean you are going to miscarry.

Do you think this is happening to you ?

I dont really know how it happens in earlier pregnancy - I think sometimes you can just start bleeding pretty heavily, and its all over
    Its worth a call to your GP, and get an appointment asap. Not only for the physical side of things, but you need to take care of yourself emotionally too.
    I hope you are OK - and its just some mild spotting that goes away.

Hi India,

When I had both my m/c, it started with spotting and then I realise that I didn't have sore bb's anymore and I had no other pg symptons. I went to my GP both times and got blood tests done which confirmed my HCG levels had dropped and that I was m/cing. The 1st m/c happened pretty much straight away & was like a period. The 2nd m/c I had, I got referred to an obs who did an internal ultrasound, who confirmed that I had a blighted ovum (no foetus, just the pg sac) and again I m/c 'naturally' but this time alot heavier (sorry if TMI)
    If you have symptons or you are feeling unsure, please got to your GP who will advise you on the best course of action.

I hope you are ok.

Julia

I had spotting for 2 days farily light mainly when I wiped myself and had some light crampign as well. it stopped after a few hours then did the same thing last night. I spoke to Doc and have had another blood test this mornning to see how levels are. I dont know I just have a feeling I guess. :-( How long di dit take to bleed heavily after you spotted and misscaried anyone?

Percy Guest

I had a missed miscarriage which meant the baby just died and my body didn't start to expel it.

The only way I knew was through an ultrasound.

I hope its not what you are thinking it is.

goldilocks Guest

Hi India

I was the same as Percy, hon...I had a missed miscarriage and only found out by ultrasound at about 13 weeks, although I had a *feeling* that something was up Although I did have some spotting/bleeding after DTD, but thought it was normal and didn't have it checked out.

I'm that it's just your bub imbedding itself deeper, sweetie :hugs:

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

I was at work & a constant knicker checker, I raced into the toilet & saw blood & burst into tears & was pretty much a wreck...
    I went to hospital & they did an internal ultrasound & saw tht bubs was OK, but told me there was nothing I could do to prevent if I was having a miscarriage, but told me to take it easy... I hated that it had written on my report threatened termination...
    The next day my bleeding was heavier & the following day I passed a small mass, I went back to my Ob & showed him, but he couldnt really tell, so he told me to book in for an Ultrasound we couldnt get in for about 3 wks, my breasts were still sore & at the ultrasound a few wks later it was confirmed I had passed my baby... My breast still hurt though...

For both m/c it only took a couple of days after spotting. I was further along for my 2nd m/c so it was heavier and lots of tissue & clots (sorry if tmi), whereas my 1st m/c was like a heavy period.

my first mc I didn't know - lost the baby at 10 weeks and didn't find out until I went for my first scan at 13 weeks.

My second mc I well and truly knew about it - very light brown spotting first thing in the morning and then I got severe cramps and a very bad low back ache. By 5pm I had bright red blood. Then by about 10pm the cramps were so incredibly painful and I had very very heavy blood loss with clots. A scan the next day confirmed I had passed the baby sometime during the night.

Go to your doctor India to get checked out. If you're worrying for nothing it will be a huge relief. Crossing my fingers for you that all's ok

*TamaraP* Guest

I just knew... I got home from work on a Thursday and felt really heavy, bloated and sore around my back.
    On the Sunday night I started bleeding quite heavily and I went to the 24hour DR's who confirmed I was miscarrying (-ve POAS)...

My levels have dropped dramaticlaly Doc says I probaly have already miscarried :-(

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh india, I am so very sorry for your loss

Unhappy

India,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I miscarried earlier this year and I understand how your feeling. This forum has been one of the best resources for helping me not only understand how I was feeling, but helped me heal and look forward to the future. There are many women here who are happy to share their experiences and to be a shoulder to cry on. Here is a very special hug for you .

Kristy