Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness - Boy or Girl?

jcm73 Guest

Default Morning Sickness - Boy or Girl?

I just wanted to know what people's experiences have been with morning sickness and the sex of their baby. With Molly, I wasn't sick at all. I have a friend who is due in a couple of months and she hasn't been sick at all and is having a girl. Other girlfriends have had m/s with all 4 of their pg's and both women have had boys both times. I'm wondering if there's any truth to the rumour that morning sickness is more a "having a boy" thing or if that's just rubbish. Help!

Interesting theory! I had m/s and am pg with a boy. I've had m/s with all of my pregnancies though... just not sure of the gender of the other 2.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

With Marisa I had morning sickness from about 6-15 weeks. With Elijah, I had it from 11-13 weeks and it was only when eating *some* meals, I would get a really strong urge to throw up!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I have had no m/s at all and they say i am having a boy this time. I never had m/s when i was pregnant with Kimberley so i would say it could be hard to tell.

I always thought i would have m/s if i was having a boy.
    I think you are just luckcy if you don't get m/s.

DH's cousion had two girls and was sick until she gave birth with both of them.
    Her friend who a boy the first time was sick and is now pregnant with a girl and is sick again.

Default reply

With Nyah I was sick for the whole pregnancy, and with William I was sick for 26 weeks, I hated being pregnant, I'm not a good preggers person, the whole "GLOWING THING", just skipped me, so I don't do pregnancy well at all! 8-[

Well for me I had 3 almost trouble free pregnancies with very little morning sickness and had three girls. This time I was sick right from 5 weeks til 18 weeks and yup we are having a boy..so interesting theory!

Jo

I didnt get any m/s last time and I had a boy..
    this time am having a girl and have been nauseated on and off through the whole pregnancy..

i dont think theres any truth to it.. my sil was fine when pg with my nephew but was in and out of hospital with m/s with my niece..

i just think your lucky if u dont get it and not lucky if u do

take care
    Lesley

No m/s for me & I have a little boy.

I have had 3 girls with minimal m/s just a little bit til 12 weeks, this time am pg with a boy, and am still being sick all the time,
    My gf who had 1 girl, and 3 bioys said the boys made her sick, whereas the girl didnt!
    Her opinion is that coz its its the opposite chromosome to us, it makes us blugh more!!!

I had m/s with Nicholas and ~Matthew~ too.

I was nauseous about 12 times in total till about 12 weeks. I didn't throw up at all and we are having a girl.

*Megan* Guest

I haven't had m/s at all (not one day) and I am having a boy....

Megan

I had consistent m/s with Alexander (from day dot until 26 weeks) and he was a boy... only it wasn't morning sickness, it was all day sickness...

Have had nausea and quite a bit of vomiting this time round, but nowhere near as bad as with Alex.

layla Guest

I don't think there's any truth to it really.
    I had virtually no m/s with either Sean or Kate, but this time around I did for the first 12 weeks or so. I think it probably depends on the way your body reacts to each pregnancy regardless of the sex of the baby.

I was nauseous with my daughter but that is it, from 6-12 weeks on the dot. This time I've been doubly nauseous, major headaches and just felt a whole lot worse. It's only nearly week 7 and I've felt like this for 3weeks. Therefore everyone keeps saying Im having a boy! Will let you know at week 18. If it's not the sex, maybe it's older age causing the sickness. I was only 23 last time.

Custardtart Guest

I reckon it's all superstition without any solid base.
    I'm one of the rare ones who hasn't had much morning sickness at all, my first two children were girls and this one is a boy. I've had the same amount of heartburn with all of them, and no nausea. There's a lot of old wives' tales around, this is another one.

Kerrie

I had bad nausea during 1st Tri of pg with Aidyn, but I never actually threw up...

With my son I was had m/s for about a week all up. This pregnancy i have had m/s from 6weeks i am now 19w3d and still have it but not as bad.
    I also had m/s with the pg in between my son and this one, sadly i m/c at 10w4d.

Also i have read that it is more common to suffer morning sickness when carrying a girl due to the extra female hormones. Don't know how true it is though. If it's true this bubby should be a girl.

Take care Leah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast