Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Default Morning, afternoon and evening sickness

Hi all,

I'm going stir-crazy - I woke up this morning after just 4 days of M/S (which I am strangely pleased about experiencing) and I feel really good - no nausea at all. Not that I'm complaining about feeling good, especially after my M/S lasted ALL DAY, but I'm just starting to worry a bit. I have an u/s booked for Thursday.

How many of you have experienced this? I know it's different for everyone, but have most of you endured weeks and weeks of M/S without relief, or is it just as common to have a break between bouts of M/S?

I felt nauseous all day long until 14 weeks. Then it sort of disapeared. But everyone's different though, some didn't even get it at all. Hope yours went away for good ... All the best with everything!

CatherineL Guest

Megsy - I would find my MS worse as the week went on... Monday's was a good day (don't get me wrong, was still very sick) because i had Saturday and Sunday to rest, and as i got through the week with work it would get worse and worse and i even mastered vomitting in the car whilst driving, to and from work! If your MS is over and done with - well thank your lucky stars... I lost 9kgs and got down to 44kgs from it all!

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineL View Post
    i even mastered vomitting in the car whilst driving, to and from work!
    Wow!

Megsy I think it's pretty normal for symptoms to come and go for some people. Crossed fingers - maybe you're through the worst

Megsy

I completely hear you! It is silly that we worry about not being sick. I am the same way, My boobs had gotten smaller, still a bit sore but not as big as they were, and my all day constant nausea had settled. Last week it was bad on a few mornings only and better in the afternoon, but not completely gone. Last few days it has just been there, today hardly at all. I still feel a bit yuk at times, but not as bad as it was. I am kind of happy to feel somewhat human again, but still a bit worried.

I had a scan on Saturday at the local GP. The machine wasn't great, but I did see a heartbeat, and I measured the 'right' gestation. Despite the scan I am still a bit worried, but I don't think they can change anything, for me it just a matter of hoping and praying everything is ok.

If you are worried go see your Doc.

Megsy

I completely hear you! It is silly that we worry about not being sick. I am the same way, My boobs had gotten smaller, still a bit sore but not as big as they were, and my all day constant nausea had settled. Last week it was bad on a few mornings only and better in the afternoon, but not completely gone. Last few days it has just been there, today hardly at all. I still feel a bit yuk at times, but not as bad as it was. I am kind of happy to feel somewhat human again, but still a bit worried.

I had a scan on Saturday at the local GP. The machine wasn't great, but I did see a heartbeat, and I measured the 'right' gestation. Despite the scan I am still a bit worried, but I don't think they can change anything, for me it just a matter of hoping and praying everything is ok.

I am due end of March, Hopefully. THis is my first pregnancy so I am hoping I am 'lucky' that m/s has eased.

If you are worried go see your Doc. I just saw your sig so it may be worth getting it checked, even if just for peace of mind.

citygal Guest

My first pregnancy I had all day, every day morning sickness from 6 weeks until he was born. I'm hoping and praying that this pregnancy will be different

Megsy

Im sure everything is fine, everyone experiences their pregnancy in a different way. At the beginning of my pregnancy I had morning sickness 24/7, then one day (around 16 weeks) it just stopped completely! It was that bad at the time i was like catherine and had mastered vomiting in the car (TMI?? haha).

I am now 29 weeks and believe it or not, i am beginning to get it all over again!! although its not as bad, its definately still there!

Good luck for a H&H pregnancy.

-tellytubby

Megsy,
    Just noticed your signature and I'm so sorry for your most recent loss.
    My thoughts are with you,
    Hugs
    Debbie

Default Morning sickness HELP! Sea-bands - do they work?

HELP ME!! I need some MS relief.

Nothing is working ATM - I have been taking B6 - 50mg - DOES NOTHING.

Have been doing acupuncture, which was working a treat but now that has stopped working too! HELP!!

Has anyone tried sea-bands - those elastic bands worn on the wrist to put pressure on the acupressure points - and do they work?

TICKLISH

yes they do work!! But make sure they arent too tight like mine were!

They are a great cheap remedy. Also try some ginger tabs

good luck!

Ticklish - also make sure that you eat some small amounts (eg a piece of toast or just a cup of tea) especially in the morning as MS has been linked to low blood sugar levels. HTH.

I think the sea bands work too. I still did have ms but I'm pretty sure it was less when I was wearing them. I have used them for sea sickness too and they most definitely work for that.

I think they worked for me to some extent. Also try Ginger Refresh (a drink available from most supermarkets) - chemo patients use it to get rid of the nausea.

Good luck!

I haven't tried the seabands but have heard lots of positive stories from others. The ginger tablets (available from pharmacy) are working brilliantly for me a the moment.

Good luck!

i used ginger ale and dry crackers as my "remedy" worked wheni had chemo and just as good for MS... i founf the trick was keep your tummy full, liek nibble throughout te day and always sip drinks. i found fizzy gingerale worked best for me!! HTH good luck!!

MS is horrible, I still have it everyday and I'm 30wks. Nothing worked for me, I was prescribed drugs(Stemitil) but in the end refused to take them. The only thing that has worked for me personally is sipping cold powerade.

citygal Guest

Hi, I tried the seabands for my first pregnancy....did nothing for my MS. Ginger made me feel worse. The only thing that helped were hot chips - especially KFC. Go figure! Didn't help my figure, but as I had it 24 hrs a day every day for the entire pregnancy, all I cared about was some relief
    At least with this pregnancy I seem to have been spared

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast